cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature $11K, Very excited!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature $11K, Very excited!!

I'm both surprised and excited by this approval, as BoA has turned me down for this card twice before, even though I am a current Cash Rewards card customer. I've had my Cash Rewards card for approximately 1 year and 2 months, and I pay in full each month on this card. I have had no new inquiries on EX for the past 5 months.

My plan was to wait until late 2017 to apply, as this is a card I really want. However, BoA recently approved a CLI to $9,900 on my Cash Rewards, so I gave Alaska Airlines a try.

Approved for $11,000 Alaska Airlines Visa Signature! I am so excited and surprised! Yay! woohoo

I also received the 30,000 mile bonus offer on the card. The PointsGuy values these 30,000 Alaska Airlines miles at $540, so a very nice card bonus.

Nice little BoA constrictor. Let's be friends now. Smiley Happy

243632076e8514b8467acb58734d1500.jpg                                    1bbt_sigcm_v_black_250x158.png

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Approval $11K, Very excited!!

Does anyone know the procedure to move the CL from Cash Rewards over to Alaska, and does it require a HP? I really don't need the Cash Rewards card. Thanks!

Message 2 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats hum! 

You got this approval right on time! Alaska was on my list next year for vacation. Let me know when we are leaving 😂

Message 3 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Congrats hum! 

You got this approval right on time! Alaska was on my list next year for vacation. Let me know when we are leaving 😂

Thanks, Justagirl, I appreciate it!

I'll send you our trip itinerary! Alaska has many major airline partners (about 18 major airline partners!), and they travel to quite a few places. Smiley Happy

Alaska-august-2013-cover.jpg

Message 4 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

The points earning rate on this card is also 3 miles per dollar, whereas other airline credit cards only offer 2 miles per dollar. Alaska Airlines also has 18 major airline partners, and they travel to many places, including Costa Rica.

You don't even need to pay for your airfare with your Alaska Airlines card to get up to 6 free checked bags per reservation.

The best benefit is the $99 annual companion fare that you receive each year you keep the card.

Really nice! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 65
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Alaska Airlines Visa Signature $11K, Very excited!!

Congrats on this one also Humu , it's always a wonderful feeling to get something you want so very badly !
Message 6 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats on this one also Humu , it's always a wonderful feeling to get something you want so very badly !

Thank you, aduke, I definitely agree! Very excited Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Great job my friend!  screamer.gif

I know how it feels to finally get something that's been out of reach for a while, and it feels fantasticSmiley Very Happy

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 8 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations humu! Alaska is a wonderful airline and their mileage program is even better! I'm surprised the underwriting criteria are stricter for this card than with others.

This is a card I want one day as well, although BoA may be a tough bank to crack for me as I burned them for more than any other lender in my 2006 BK7. (I had 3 credit cards + an overdrawn checking account to the tune of over $15K total).

Message 9 of 65
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to turn that constrictor into a garden snake HumuSmiley Happy. This must feel great and im very happy you got one of your goal cards early. Definitely enjoy this as in sure youll put it to good use. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.