cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature $11K, Very excited!!

tag
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Re: Alaska Airlines Visa Signature $11K, Very excited!!

Congrats! I can't wait to be on your level Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

Congrats! I can't wait to be on your level Smiley Happy

Thank you and very kind of you, but I consider us to all be on the same level here at myfico. We're all friends helping each other along different parts of the journey. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alaska-Airlines-over-Molokai-cliffs.jpg

YAS Mama! Use those miles. 

@Anonymous @ihcole! Such enthusiasm! Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 65
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Agreed! I'm excited to for once be in a position that my credit is almost to the point I can really go after what I want and I hope I can be patient enough to do it at the right time!

Message 44 of 65
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

I just spent $2300 for 2 one way tickets plus 2 animal tickets on Swiss Airlines to Switzerland with my wife and my Cap1 Venture 1! eeeeeek we are moving to Switzerland permanently! We will have a little bit of fun trying to be out of the country but remaining our credit builds! She has a US green card and Swiss citizenship. I have US Citizenship and a Swiss residency permit! I don't think Swiss Airlines has their own CC but I haven't done any research so I'm probably wrong...but Swiss citizens don't use credit the same. A lot for me to learn and share! But Super Congrats on the Alaskan Airlines! My Wife lived in Alaska for awhile in her 20's a couple years back. I've never been Smiley Sad Can't wait to become a world traveler like my wife. 

Message 45 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

I just spent $2300 for 2 one way tickets plus 2 animal tickets on Swiss Airlines to Switzerland with my wife and my Cap1 Venture 1! eeeeeek we are moving to Switzerland permanently! We will have a little bit of fun trying to be out of the country but remaining our credit builds! She has a US green card and Swiss citizenship. I have US Citizenship and a Swiss residency permit! I don't think Swiss Airlines has their own CC but I haven't done any research so I'm probably wrong...but Swiss citizens don't use credit the same. A lot for me to learn and share! But Super Congrats on the Alaskan Airlines! My Wife lived in Alaska for awhile in her 20's a couple years back. I've never been Smiley Sad Can't wait to become a world traveler like my wife. 

Thanks again, MugenCivic, I appreciate your kind words! Smiley Happy 

Switzerland is amazing and you will love living there. Enjoy it!  I would love to live there myself!

It does appear as if SwissAir has their own credit card. They are a great airline as well!

https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/en/

Actually, I've never been to Alaska either, but there are many other airports they fly out of and fly into and with their partner agreements, I can find an airport just about anywhere! There is a nonstop flight between Charleston and Seattle, for example, and that's just one possibility! Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 65
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Ahhh i don't want to hijack this thread but would you suggest my wife apply for the Swiss Airline Card as we will likely be traveling a bit? She just CLI'd to $4k on her Cap 1 Venture 1, App'd and approved for Cap1 QS $3k, and App'd and approved for $1k on Discover IT. All in that order in 2 days. I'm gonna say she should stop but what are her odds for approval on the Swiss Airlines MC as she's a Swiss Citizen?

Message 47 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries! I'm not familiar with the bank that issues the SwissAir Miles and More Credit card, but if you conduct a google search of the card, you may be able to find out more information about the type of credit profile they are looking for. It's certainly worth a try for your wife to apply!

It appears that they do require Swiss citizenship or address, so she certainly has an advantage in that respect.

Also consider what her needs and your needs will be in a travel card, and whether she plans to fly SwissAir exclusively. There is quite good information here on the forums about selecting a travel card, which may be airline specific or may be more of a general travel card depending on her needs, level of spend and amount of travel.

I hope this helps a bit and good luck! Enjoy Switzerland, it's an amazing country! Smiley Happy

Default-1.jpg

Message 48 of 65
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

We just went for 2 weeks in August! It was amazing! Took this photo while up on Mt. Rigi! We will be living in Lucerne seen in the valley below!IMG_2934.JPG

Message 49 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

We just went for 2 weeks in August! It was amazing! Took this photo while up on Mt. Rigi! We will be living in Lucerne seen in the valley below!IMG_2934.JPG

Fabulous and beautiful! I remember Mt. Rigi very well from visiting there as a child. Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.