Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU $30,000 Starting Limit

tag
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

Alliant CU $30,000 Starting Limit

After an eye popping app spree last December  ($149,800 total )

My November app spree hasn't really yielded great results ( I'm still waiting on the verdict on 2 cards Fidelity Visa and Amex Delta Gold).

But I did manage to open an Alliant membership this time around and apply with a 772 Equifax score.

Initially, I put $25,000 in as the desired amount, then at the urging of my fiancee' I changed it to $30,000

I received an email yesterday that it was approved and logged in to see a $30,000 visa.

Stats if somebody is interested:

Equifax 772

No derogs

7 inquiries (most recent 11/3)

I'll keep my fingers crossed on that Amex Gold. I REALLY wanted that card!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant CU $30,000 Starting Limit

blue-thumbs-up-icon-17.png

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! Always best to aim high they will most likely counter. 

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very very nice Journey! I joined Alliant last month - please do keep us FICOers up to date on your experience CCing with this credit union.

Message 4 of 22
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Journeygod wrote:

After an eye popping app spree last December  ($149,800 total )

My November app spree hasn't really yielded great results ( I'm still waiting on the verdict on 2 cards Fidelity Visa and Amex Delta Gold).

But I did manage to open an Alliant membership this time around and apply with a 772 Equifax score.

Initially, I put $25,000 in as the desired amount, then at the urging of my fiancee' I changed it to $30,000

I received an email yesterday that it was approved and logged in to see a $30,000 visa.

Stats if somebody is interested:

Equifax 772

No derogs

7 inquiries (most recent 11/3)

I'll keep my fingers crossed on that Amex Gold. I REALLY wanted that card!

Super Awesome giant thumbs up to you my friend that is a healthy limit there in my (negan voice) Smiley Very Happy

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 5 of 22
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Congrats!  That's amazing!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! That's an amazing starting limit. I am a recent member of Alliant. So this is good to see. 

Message 7 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wow, nice SL!! Much congrats to you! Alliant is on my list for next November Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a wonderful approval and limit!

Alliant typically has a reputation for being very conservative with starting limits. I'm sure the fact that you have had zero inquiries and new accounts for the past year combined with a 772 FICO made the difference.  Alliant does not like lots of new accounts and inquiries, (they look at all new accounts within the past 12 months), so you played it correctly. Well done. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 22
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Major Kudos to you! Nearly $150k last year is impressive. Income? AAoA?

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.