Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Personal Loan and Credit Card Approved

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alliant Loan and Credit Card Approved

Congrats on both of your approvals..  Been thinking about a CC with them, but been holding off and taking in data. Have had a checking acct. with them for about 4 months now along with savings, but mainly have cash in checking due to better rate.

Message 21 of 72
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on both of your approvals..  Been thinking about a CC with them, but been holding off and taking in data. Have had a checking acct. with them for about 4 months now along with savings, but mainly have cash in checking due to better rate.

Why not in their savings?  The rate is higher for savings, unless I'm missing something.

Message 22 of 72
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning everyone,

Had an Alliant Visa approved about two weeks ago, and personal loan approved today using the same pull. I shot very low on requests for both because Alliant is way too conservative - turned down a card request previously. Their Pinnacle scoring system is an unusual system that other lenders don't really use, and Pinnacle scores are often as much as 50 points below FICO scores.

I've had the Alliant Checking and Savings for several months now, and wanted to further develop the relationship. Their CLI requests are HP though, so I won't be requesting any for at least a year.

0% rate on both purchases and balance transfers for either 12 or 18 months on the card (rep told me the duration, but I cannot recall which).

Glad to be expanding products to strengthen the Alliant relationship. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

aa984eedbf75d295d13b7506a49a80e1.jpg

Congrats!  

So did they not counter offer the first time when you asked for a higher amount?  I'm just trying to figure out my plan of attack when I apply for their products.  Thanks!

Message 23 of 72
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Siopao wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why not in their savings?  The rate is higher for savings, unless I'm missing something.

You are correct.. I was thinking PenFed which I believe the checking yields more than savings.

Message 24 of 72
baller4life
Super Contributor

My EF is at Alliant. Switched from Ally a few months back.
Message 25 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic Humu on your both approvals, you hit a home run here , two for one Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 72
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Yep!  I keep my efund at Alliant as well.  I also do my ATM cash deposits into Alliant from co-op ATM's.  I was impressed that they post the same day, unlike NFCU (my main hub) which takes 5 days to post.

Message 27 of 72
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Siopao wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You are correct.. I was thinking PenFed which I believe the checking yields more than savings.

Ok thanks.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 72
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Siopao wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Yep!  I keep my efund at Alliant as well.  I also do my ATM cash deposits into Alliant from co-op ATM's.  I was impressed that they post the same day, unlike NFCU (my main hub) which takes 5 days to post.

Yep ATM and mobile deposits are instant. I love that!! 😄

Message 29 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

congrats on your Alliant Sucess!!!! 

Thanks, d! Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.