cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum Approval 15K, 0% for 12 months 12.74% after, App spree over, back to the garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Platinum Approval 15K, 0% for 12 months 12.74% after, App spree over, back to the garden

Since I had taken the plunge with Navy on a third card and was planning on going back into the garden after an interesting couple of apps I decided to take a shot at an Alliant card.  I had joined them a few years ago when I was fairly early in my rebuild and wanted to get something established with the credit unions that get a fair amount of love here so Navy, Penfed, DCU and Alliant.  Yes I know I don't need 4 credit unions but when it comes time to shop for car loans it is nice to cross-shop.  Anyway I have reduced my utilization substantially from 87% to under 20% reporting with the actual being under 5% and my scores have bounced nicely to around 700 for all three so I thought the Alliant Platinum Card with 12 months 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers would be worth looking at, also I am setting the goal for low interest cards as I already have plenty of solid rewards cards in the CSR, AMEX Plat. Venture etc.  Took a shot and the instant response was just a disclosure that stated they ran TU and my score was 740, not sure what model but that is higher than I thought so not bad news.  It doesn't seem that they do instant approvals because their application does not as for income information.  The next morning I got an email asking for additional information (income).  I submitted and within a few minutes I got an approval for 15K and 12.74% with the first 12 months at 0%.  This brings my total CL to over $160k which is more than sufficient.  Not bad for a guy who started here 4 years ago with scores in the mid 500"s and was excited to get a limit of $300 on a Capital One Platinum card.  I owe it all to you fine folks so I share in hopes of helping others as you have all helped me.

BTW, my haul for this app spree was Chase Sapphire Reserve $48,500, Navy Platinum $7,300, Alliant Platinum $15,000, Discover IT $3,000 and a CLI of my other Discover IT from $4,500 to $9,000.  Back to the garden two or so years with the target of letting all of my lates fall off from 2012, 2013 and 2014 and working my score up to 800 before I app for anything new.  During that time I will work on intrest rate reductions.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Approval 15K, 0% for 12 months 12.74% after, App spree over, back to the garde

Congratulations on your new card and other approvals/increases

Message 2 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Approval 15K, 0% for 12 months 12.74% after, App spree over, back to the garde

BOOM !!!...YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS  on your Alliant Platinum approval, your MASSIVE  app spree, and Thanks for sharing your Very Succssful Rebuild journey!!! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on your approvals! Thanks for sharing your story.

money1.jpg

Message 4 of 11
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Very impressive rebuilding story and a great app spree. That CSR limit is off the charts; congrats on this approval too!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Batsamandrobin wrote:
Very impressive rebuilding story and a great app spree. That CSR limit is off the charts; congrats on this approval too!

For context, I deposited a large life insurance claim check and they enrolled me in the Chase Private Client program.  Private Client banker encoraged me to apply even though my scores were hammered by high utilization from a terrible year (hint in the deposit info) . Anyway my credit profile didn't support that limit but the amount on deposit was significant enough for them to overlook my low 600's and 87% utilization but I got a terrible APR of 27% so it's a PIF card for sure.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats! 

Message 7 of 11
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!

Message 8 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the new approvals and increases too!

Message 9 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.