Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

Well, it's been nearly 6 months since I was approved for Alliant's Platinum Visa with a $5K limit.  My goal is to obtain their Visa Signature card. 

However, they aren't as liberal as most credit unions I'm a member of.

They approved an increase to $10K.  

At least they allowed some growth.  I'll hopefully have their Visa Signature in another 5-6 months.

Now if only PenFed would give me a CLI on their $4.5K toy card.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, it's been nearly 6 months since I was approved for Alliant's Platinum Visa with a $5K limit.  My goal is to obtain their Visa Signature card. 

At least they allowed some growth.  I'll hopefully have their Visa Signature in another 5-6 months.

I have Alliant's platinum Visa too.  Thing is, now that they have significant balance transfer and cash advance fees, and have always had pretty high interest rates on the card, I can't think of what to use the card for.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't carry a balance on any of their cards.  Their signature is perfect for general spend.  I push all my auto-billing, including rent, through a general spend card.  I make substantially more back on non-category cards.  Right now I'm using my PayPal 2% cash back card.  I'd gladly pay $49/year for that extra 0.5%.

Most people don't use credit cards the way I do.  I actually never use my debit or ACH, other than to pay my credit cards.  If I don't use a credit card, I'm missing out on that return.

Message 3 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Alliant's platinum Visa too.  Thing is, now that they have significant balance transfer and cash advance fees, and have always had pretty high interest rates on the card, I can't think of what to use the card for.

Very good points!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't carry a balance on any of their cards.  Their signature is perfect for general spend.  I push all my auto-billing, including rent, through a general spend card.  I make substantially more back on non-category cards.  Right now I'm using my PayPal 2% cash back card.  I'd gladly pay $49/year for that extra 0.5%.

Most people don't use credit cards the way I do.  I actually never use my debit or ACH, other than to pay my credit cards.  If I don't use a credit card, I'm missing out on that return.

I don't understand your point. The Alliant Platinum Visa has no rewards.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

I don't see how getting the platinum card takes you closer to getting the Signature card; it's my understanding that they don't do PC's.

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Penfed 4.5 k "toy limit"Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. Did they do an HP for the CLI?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.