Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

I still use my debit card because they give me 1% back for using it. Not many banks gives 1% back on debit cards.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

I don't see how getting the platinum card takes you closer to getting the Signature card; it's my understanding that they don't do PC's

Oh yes, they most certainly do.  Alliant will only issue one card per member.  The minimum approval amount on the signature is $15K.  So, if they won't issue you a $15K line, you aren't getting their signature, period.  If you qualify for at least $15K, yes, you can apply for, and if approved, they will in fact PC that Platinum to a Signature.  Their CLI's and PC's all require a HP.

My CLI was a HP, as would be a new card app.  

Message 12 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 13 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

I don't see how getting the platinum card takes you closer to getting the Signature card; it's my understanding that they don't do PC's

Oh yes, they most certainly do.  Alliant will only issue one card per member.  The minimum approval amount on the signature is $15K.  So, if they won't issue you a $15K line, you aren't getting their signature, period.  If you qualify for at least $15K, yes, you can apply for, and if approved, they will in fact PC that Platinum to a Signature.  Their CLI's and PC's all require a HP.

My CLI was a HP, as would be a new card app.  

OK I understand now. As long as you're well informed as to the process, as you are, you won't be disappointed.

I misunderstood. Your definition of PC is broader than mine. If they make you apply for a card, hit you with a HP, hit you with a new account and account number, force you to close the old account.... that doesn't fit my definition, but if it gets you where you want to go, more power to you. Good luck with it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.