cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

DU556
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Visa CLI

I still use my debit card because they give me 1% back for using it. Not many banks gives 1% back on debit cards.
Message 11 of 14
Sasuke
Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Sasuke wrote:

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

I don't see how getting the platinum card takes you closer to getting the Signature card; it's my understanding that they don't do PC's

Oh yes, they most certainly do.  Alliant will only issue one card per member.  The minimum approval amount on the signature is $15K.  So, if they won't issue you a $15K line, you aren't getting their signature, period.  If you qualify for at least $15K, yes, you can apply for, and if approved, they will in fact PC that Platinum to a Signature.  Their CLI's and PC's all require a HP.

My CLI was a HP, as would be a new card app.  

Alliant Platinum Visa $10,000
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $1,000
AMEX EveryDay $2,000
BECU Visa $12,500
CapitalOne BuyPower $1,250
CapitalOne QS $7,950
Chartway Federal Credit Union Visa Rewards $20,400
Chase Amazon Prime Rewards $1,000
Chase Disney Rewards $2,500
Citi Double Cash $3,600
Comenity Bank/Arhaus $11,000
Comenity Bank/RH $14,000
Discover Miles $24,000
Jax Fed Platinum Visa $15,000
Langley Cash Back Visa $15,000
Nordstrom Visa $7,500
PenFed Power Cash $4,500
Syncb/Amazon Store Card $6,000
Syncb/Google Store Card $2,200
Syncb/PayPal Cash Back $8,000
Syncb/Walmart Credit Card $500
Target MasterCard $800
Vystar Platinum Visa $10,000
Total revolving credit $180,700

FICO 8: Equifax 736 | Experian 729 | TransUnion 739
Message 12 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 13 of 14
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

@Sasuke wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Sasuke wrote:

That's why I said "the signature".  I've mentioned my end game is to get that card.  They aren't willing to just hand it out, even if you can push over $50K through it easily.

I don't see how getting the platinum card takes you closer to getting the Signature card; it's my understanding that they don't do PC's

Oh yes, they most certainly do.  Alliant will only issue one card per member.  The minimum approval amount on the signature is $15K.  So, if they won't issue you a $15K line, you aren't getting their signature, period.  If you qualify for at least $15K, yes, you can apply for, and if approved, they will in fact PC that Platinum to a Signature.  Their CLI's and PC's all require a HP.

My CLI was a HP, as would be a new card app.  

OK I understand now. As long as you're well informed as to the process, as you are, you won't be disappointed.

I misunderstood. Your definition of PC is broader than mine. If they make you apply for a card, hit you with a HP, hit you with a new account and account number, force you to close the old account.... that doesn't fit my definition, but if it gets you where you want to go, more power to you. Good luck with it.

Total revolving limits 663000 (585000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 747 EX 713

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.