Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant and PenFed Approvals!

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Alliant and PenFed Approvals!

So tried for a third time with Alliant for the platinum rewards and got an approval finally for 2,500, that was the amount I tried for as asking for 5K the last two times did not work, this morning I tried for the PenFed AMEX as they keep sending me emails on this, and since I cancelled my Delta Reserve, figured I could use another travel card, I applied and got instant decision, for $36,500.00!!! **bleep**!! NICE picture below or it did not happen, I am rocking a 808 TU score and have about 25 inquires although most are well over 9 months as I am in the garden.....not sure  who they pulled as this just happened....ENJOY your weekend all......penfed.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant and PenFed Approvals!

Penfed pulls EQ. Congrats on the monster approval! I wouldn't have wasted any more on Alliant, but congrats on it as well.
Message 2 of 15
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Nice approvals! Question: when you applied for Alliant the first two times, did they counter with a lower CL or just straight deny? What were your ficos for the denials and the recent approval?

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 3 of 15
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Whoaaaa that’s really good. I’m impressed.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i rather have $20,000 starting limit but under 10% APR? that Apr is high.

Message 5 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Billharrellwrote:
Nice approvals! Question: when you applied for Alliant the first two times, did they counter with a lower CL or just straight deny? What were your ficos for the denials and the recent approval?

No they did not counter, straight denials, that while I had existing savings and checking accounts. Scores were in the mid 700's with those attempts...

Message 6 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

On a rewards card? If you even care about APR you are doing it wrong......I DON'T keep balances on any cards.....

Message 7 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I'll take that $36.5k approval out the gate with a 24% apr. lol

If you use it to carry balances other than 0% promotions. It completely negates the rewards.

You need a basic low interest CC for those types of spend. Not a rewards card.

Message 8 of 15
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I'll take that $36.5k approval out the gate with a 24% apr. lol

If you use it to carry balances other than 0% promotions. It completely negates the rewards.

You need a basic low interest CC for those types of spend. Not a rewards card.

LOL you GET IT! Rewards cards are a totally different animal, then low apr "carry balance cards" different tools for different projects!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Alliant approval

That PenFed approval is AWESOME

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.