Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost fell out of my chair!!! Discover IT

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Almost fell out of my chair!!! Discover IT

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I've read the 5 year out thing a lot myself.  After last my last app with Discover I figured I'd just give up (a guy at work continues to be declined for IT after 8 years out of BK?).  Not sure what made me apply today, maybe I thought I'd take my "free credit score" but when the congrats screen popped up I looked around my office like "is that for me?".   I didnt get the 0% BT for 14 months though, but I did get 10.99% which sure beats my 22.99% Cap1 card. 

Edit: Scupra, you look like youre in pretty good shape there!  Scores are looking awesome for less than 2 years out!  Keep up the good work and I'm guessing you will have no problem getting a Discover IT!

Thanks! Plan is to try for Discover IT 2yrs post d/c, so this October! Really hoping I can get a foot in the door. Congrats again!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 26
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Ha Ha thanks Blackrv7!  I'd have to compare it to being a kid on Christmas Day, eyes like saucers, looking around hoping someone else was seeing this!  Man I never thought I'd get excited about credit, younger people should really try this site out...maybe avoid some of the dumb things I did back in the day. 

@Scupra, that sounds like a good plan!  Good luck on the journey seems like you got a good handle on it anyway so don't think you'll have any problems. 

Message 12 of 26
hilarybanks
Valued Member

Congrats! 

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Message 13 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Get back in that chair!! heh!!

Approval! Take a long deserved breath of fresh air again and enjoy!

Congrats!
Message 14 of 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Hopefully mines at home in the mail box.

Grats
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I decided to venture out of the garden today and app for a Discover IT card.  I tried it a few months ago and was denied, did recon and was told theres nothing they can do.  I have a 3 year old BK7 and some baddies (collections, lates, etc).  In the past 3 years I've been working hard to get things fixed, and today I finally felt it paid off!  Got approved for Discover IT with no 7-10 message!  I was thrilled, literally sat back in my chair like WOW. 

Big thanks to those of you on this forum for all your insight!

Congrats now go plant that seedling for max growth

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! That is pretty awesome. 10.99% apr purchases ... you done guud! It took me ten years after the big BK to get approved for the Discover it Card.
Message 17 of 26
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 26
Involver
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I know that feeling of "Wait that approval is mine?!" well with Discover. Great card.
Message 19 of 26
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I decided to venture out of the garden today and app for a Discover IT card.  I tried it a few months ago and was denied, did recon and was told theres nothing they can do.  I have a 3 year old BK7 and some baddies (collections, lates, etc).  In the past 3 years I've been working hard to get things fixed, and today I finally felt it paid off!  Got approved for Discover IT with no 7-10 message!  I was thrilled, literally sat back in my chair like WOW. 

Big thanks to those of you on this forum for all your insight!

Congrats on your approval! What was your CS at time of approval?Also what was your CL?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.