cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alright!... Had to cave in on this one... PNC Bank Rewards Visa Siggy Aprroved!! :-0

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Alright!... Had to cave in on this one... PNC Bank Rewards Visa Siggy Aprroved!! :-0

Hi all,PNC Bank Approval!!.png

I kind of gave up on my gardening tour this week lol!..I know...it happens. And after gathering some data points and seeing a few approvals lately for this card and the most recent one the legendary Gmood Smiley Wink I decided to check out what PNC bank cards had to offer. I have plenty cards with point SUBs so that was a no go and the other card carried an annual fee I do believe. So I decided to settle on the Rewards. Seeemed like an EXP puller as this is my cleanest report.  Had a feeling that they just might not be inquiry/account senstive with all the big baller approvals around here..... I decided to go for it.  Went through the Credit Karma website as reccomended to get the $150 bonus/$1,000 spend. Page pulled up the bonuses as mentioned. I then filled in eveything and hit the submit button and the waiting began, what seemed like an eternity, screen finally reappeared to an instant approval! This is a shocker for me out late as although I have been gardening my last few apps before that have resulted in 5-7 or 7-10 day messages. So to get this instant approval brings back the excitement. Smiley Happy

Data points:

They pulled EXP Fico 8 (748) at the time.. took an 11 point hit from my USAA CLI approval the other day but didn't lose a point for this app go figure.

Accounts: 0/6----  8 /12----- LOL/24

Inquires: 1/6 -----5/12 now 6. This actually could have helped my cause.

Negatives 0. This is my cleanest report out of the 3.

Another thing I will mention that seems to be a big factor it seems is having a thick profile as most members with many new accounts can usually take the absorption of mutiple hard inquiries. For example, both my TU & EQ reports have inquries in the teens.  I have even taken mutiple pulls on both of those reports on the smae day with different lenders and didn't lose a single point on neither.Smiley Happy But with my EXP report on the other hand in which I had not taken a pull in several months from gardening, I incured an 11 point hit to the report for the 1 USAA inquiry the day prior in which gave me 9 inquiries at the time. The PNC app gave me 10 inquiries and did not take a single point hit. Very strange indeed. Just thought I would share this intresting set of events within my credit world. Thanks guys! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alright!... Had to cave in on this one... PNC Bank Rewards Visa Siggy Aprroved!! :-0

Nice approval, enjoy
Message 2 of 49
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Re: Alright!... Had to cave in on this one... PNC Bank Rewards Visa Siggy Aprroved!! :-0

@credit_endurance wrote:

Another thing I will mention that seems to be a big factor it seems is having a thick profile as most members with many new accounts can usually take the absorption of mutiple hard inquiries. 

This is a great DP...you're tempting me to leave the Garden...lol! Gotta wait, gotta wait....

Congrats on the approval! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 49
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Big congrats BC!!! You one upped me on the instant approval!
Looks like we scored the same CLI and APR.
I seem to get quite a few 2 or 3 day waits instead of instant approvals. I'm wondering if the stolen card alert language added to my old Marvel card has something to do with it?🤔
I don't I know.
I've kinda of gotten use to talking to the UWs from these FI's. 😂
Message 4 of 49
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I seem to get quite a few 2 or 3 day waits instead of instant approvals. I'm wondering if the stolen card alert language added to my old Marvel card has something to do with it?🤔
I don't I know.

I was in the same boat as you re: the Marvel card closure/reissue mess but it doesn't seem to have impacted me at all.  

First guess is that you're just yellowlining some autoapprove threshold and the UW reviewing the app says "nah, that's not a concern" and approves. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 49
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks gdale6!

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 49
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks gabrcruz!

Message 7 of 49
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks Gmood! Yes brother looks like the $10k SL is the standard with our profiles (sure ragging raja would beg to differ) 😏. But absolutely so nice to finally get that instant approval!

As for the fraud alert could very well have been the issue. Some banks are just more finicky than others. ☺️

Message 8 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Very nice SL too!

I need to move... Colorado is geofenced off from so many of the cards that don’t mind inquiries and accounts. We get lenders like FNBO and UMB...

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.