cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude Reserve Approval and BoA CR CLI!!

tag
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Altitude Reserve Approval and BoA CR CLI!!

As I have a international travel coming up this year end, i was looking for a travel card. My eyes were all over CSR but did not had hope as i was 7/24 and in 7 months i have got 2 cards from chase. I was also looking for alternatives and seeking suggestions in this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Sapphire-Reserve-and-alternatives/m-p/5758...

I applied without any pre approval in branch and denied for CSR on 9/28, my banker tried calling for recon and they turned down for 7/24.

I then applied for USB AR after thinking about it for couple of days, on 10/1. Got a message to call a number as they were not able to approve immediately. I called and they said they are application department and can't look for existing applications and gave me the UW phone number.

I called the next day, and got to know that there is a lock in EX file and i have to remove that and call them back. I didn't know they gonna pull EX. I was thinking they will pull TU (I'm In NJ).

I removed the lock and called back on 10/3. I was informed that the HP went thru and application was in progress. Automated line gave me 2-3 days message until yesterday evening 5pm. After 5 it turned to "Congratulation" Smiley Very Happy

Seems like 6AM is the cut off for the account to appear online. I'm more seeing a new card added with a limit of $9000. I'm really happy that they approved as i read some posts here they are not approving if you are not 1/12. Not sure if i should recon SL, I may run close to the limit during the trip and would be comfortable if I'm not making multiple payments while on the trip.

I'm 2/6, 3/12 and 7/24 right now. EX Fico8 is 762.

Also, when waiting for this application to process, I remembered hitting the 90day mark with my BoA CR CLI, logged in and I saw the link to request, I put in $99,900 lol.. it came back with $25,100.
CR opened 4/1 SL $5500, CLI on 7/4 to $15000 and 10/4 to $25100. TU Fico 8 is 783.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Altitude Reserve Approval and BoA CR CLI!!

The AR is a fantastic card... enjoy and congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 29
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Thank you UncleB Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP - I’m a long way from that card but from what I’ve read, it’s a gem. Enjoy it!
Message 4 of 29
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the great card. The 3x mobile wallet is the best in the industry for that category. 

People use it with Samsung/Apple/Google play quite a bit. I don't have a Samsung pay but I read since it has MST, you can virtually use it anywhere. 

Message 5 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats OP - I’m a long way from that card but from what I’ve read, it’s a gem. Enjoy it!

@Anonymous not too long ago the thought of me getting any premium card was laughable (you have no idea)... hang in there, we'll save you a seat! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 29
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Message 7 of 29
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats on the great card. The 3x mobile wallet is the best in the industry for that category. 

People use it with Samsung/Apple/Google play quite a bit. I don't have a Samsung pay but I read since it has MST, you can virtually use it anywhere. 

Thank you and yes,  I use Samsung Pay and that was one of reason i went ahead with this card. 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @UncleB, I’m getting closer and closer to the finish line of a rebuilt profile and three 100% clean reports (only one derog I’m still fighting). Can’t wait to be a grown up lol!
Message 9 of 29
black_citi
Established Contributor

Congrats!!
Make More, Spend Less
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.