Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx 61-day CLI only 2x 😥

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx 61-day CLI only 2x 😥

DW‘s cash magnet reached 61days and so we went for the 3X 61 day CLI. Well, went from 7,600 to 15,700. 😥 Looks like they are buckling down, as we met the SUB and scores are great... it’s making me wonder about the reports that I heard or should say read recently.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx 61-day CLI only 2x 😥

Your DW...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the CLI!!!

BTW, I tried to get a 3x CLI on my AmEx BCE card last week and only received a 2x CLI.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I suppose it's better than a declined CLI, no?  3x CLI while nice, isn't always guaranteed  Smiley Wink Congrats on DW's CLI either way.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on DW 2x CLI !!!

Message 4 of 18
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 18
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Hi @Birdman7!!! Congrats on DW’s CLI.!!! I’m reaching 61 days beginning of April. Just curious. How many statements cut did she have when app. 2 or 3 ? What kind of spend did she put thru ? And also did she have any balance at time of app ? Just trying to gauge best course of action considering the cpl of tightening CLD’s we’ve seen lately.

Message 6 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and hey better than nothing at all. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

That’s still a fantastic increase though so congratulations! If you 2x it again you’ll have over 30k which some people never have on any card. Amex is quite generous with the CLIs

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Celo 2 statements, satisfied SUB, don't know exact number. I'll try to check. Yes, there was a small balance, but she always PIF, so it was post-statement charges.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI, I can not seem to crack the code with AMEX. They will give me new cards but will not increase my limit. 

Message 10 of 18
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.