Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCE CLI - 61 Day Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx BCE CLI - 61 Day Success

Today was the 61st day since opening my BCE.  My limit was $10k,  asked for $22k. They gave me $19,200! I didn't ask for 3X because that would've been over my current $28k salary and I think I did the right thing since they didn't give me everything I asked for. Totally happy with this increase. My utilization goes down even more now! My scores are in the 720s. Total credit available to me is now $22,301! I love American Express!

cli.png

9 REPLIES 9
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEX BCE CLI - 61 Day Success

@Anonymouswrote:

Today was the 61st day since opening my BCE.  My limit was $10k,  asked for $22k. They gave me $19,200! I didn't ask for 3X because that would've been over my current $28k salary and I think I did the right thing since they didn't give me everything I asked for. Totally happy with this increase. My utilization goes down even more now! My scores are in the 720s. Total credit available to me is now $22,301! I love American Express!

cli.png

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Your income is close to mine, so hoping I’ll get the 23K when I Ask in August for my bday. Lololol😛

was 10K SL....

wait. Obviously. 🙄

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job!! Congrats on your increase!!

Message 3 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI especially with it being so close to your income. Not many lenders will do that.

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

ImpressiveSmiley Happy. Id get lol out of the room if i asked Amex even to give me half my income. Hint hint, it aint muchSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
chaos51
Regular Contributor

That's a great increase, and they are very generous with total exposure. I think I'm around 77% total exposure compared to income right now with Amex, and I think that's about as far as they are going to let it go... but we shall see.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 6 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
ImpressiveSmiley Happy. Id get lol out of the room if i asked Amex even to give me half my income. Hint hint, it aint muchSmiley Wink

Congrats on a great CLI

@Anonymous  Syncrony has already given me more then 120% of my yearly income. I keep closing my storecards and they keep auto-increasing my other cards lol

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx BCE CLI - 61 Day Success

Thanks guys.

Just got an alert from CK telling me my APR has increased on this card from 18.24% to 18.49%. Does that have anything to do with the CLI?

I was going to ask if it was easy to get an APR decrease.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Thanks guys.

Just got an alert from CK telling me my APR has increased on this card from 18.24% to 18.49%. Does that have anything to do with the CLI?

The Fed raised interest rates recently. That’s what the increase was from. Just ask for an APR reduction on the chat - they’re fairly easy to get in my experience.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
Thanks guys.

The Fed raised interest rates recently. That’s what the increase was from. Just ask for an APR reduction on the chat - they’re fairly easy to get in my experience.

Thanks. Will my other cards go up as well?

Was going to ask in chat but thought what was the point if im still in the introductory 0% APR phase.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.