cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP 3x CLI attempt at 91 days (partial approval to $35k)

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx BCP 3x CLI attempt at 91 days (partial approval to $35k)

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 11 of 16
elixerin
Established Contributor

@KA14 wrote:

Card history:

Blue Cash Everyday opened on 3/12/21 with SL of $1,000

CLI of $1,000 granted on 8/11/21. New CL is $2,000

CLI of $2,000 granted on 2/10/22. New CL is $4,000

Upgraded to Blue Cash Preferred on 3/5/2022.

CLI of $8,000 granted on 7/15/22. New CL is $12,000

Yesterday, my CLI button came back at 91 days. I finally worked up the nerve to try it today. I was nervous to request the full 3x CLI and thought about requesting $25k... but I know they will partially approve for whatever I am eligible for and decided to go for the full $36k.

While I was not approved for the full $36k, they did partially approve me for $35k! This is my largest credit line by about $12k. 

Very happy with my results! 

750s across all bureaus. 

@KA14 Congratulations on your CLI approval, can i ask did you wait for an updated AMEX fico scorecard for this app? and if you did how many days did you wait from update to app. Just had a similar deal with Discover pulling an august 31st score well into october(found out from mailer) while app was showing me the more updated 9/31 score when i sent the request in.. getting my bases right and ofcourse this month amex had decided to go extra slow on this months FICO update as they're usually updated before the 15th or so of every month 

Message 12 of 16
KA14
Regular Contributor

@elixerin wrote:

@KA14 wrote:

Card history:

Blue Cash Everyday opened on 3/12/21 with SL of $1,000

CLI of $1,000 granted on 8/11/21. New CL is $2,000

CLI of $2,000 granted on 2/10/22. New CL is $4,000

Upgraded to Blue Cash Preferred on 3/5/2022.

CLI of $8,000 granted on 7/15/22. New CL is $12,000

Yesterday, my CLI button came back at 91 days. I finally worked up the nerve to try it today. I was nervous to request the full 3x CLI and thought about requesting $25k... but I know they will partially approve for whatever I am eligible for and decided to go for the full $36k.

While I was not approved for the full $36k, they did partially approve me for $35k! This is my largest credit line by about $12k. 

Very happy with my results! 

750s across all bureaus. 

@KA14 Congratulations on your CLI approval, can i ask did you wait for an updated AMEX fico scorecard for this app? and if you did how many days did you wait from update to app. Just had a similar deal with Discover pulling an august 31st score well into october(found out from mailer) while app was showing me the more updated 9/31 score when i sent the request in.. getting my bases right and ofcourse this month amex had decided to go extra slow on this months FICO update as they're usually updated before the 15th or so of every month 

Hi @elixerin !

I didn't check the internal scorecard before submitting my request. I just checked and it was updated on October 13th for the Vantage Score and September 14th for the FICO score. Hope that helps!

Message 13 of 16
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Amex luv

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 14 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BCP CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 15 of 16
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Keep up the great work. 

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.