cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP... Tips, Tricks and other benefits!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx BCP... Tips, Tricks and other benefits!?

I was approved for the AMEX BCP $10K SL, got my card already so I'm ready to use it! This is my first large SL cc! Super stoked to get using this to maximize my rewards. Obviously, I will be taking advantage of the $250 statement credit for spending $1k in the first 3 months. My question is how are you guys using the card to maximize your 6% on supermarket, 3% gas, and 1% on other purchases?

What other benefits does Amex have that you use?

My application to card in hand process went something like this:

- No prequal offers for the BCP (I did have a prequal offer for the Delta Gold)

- Called in for cold app

- They requested that I send information to them, and that I will get an email with more information (never got the email)

- Received a letter a couple days later asking for a bank letterhead (not bank statement) to prove my identity

- I mailed them the information

- Called a week later and the automated system told me I was approved with $10k SL

- Received my card about a week later

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: AmEx BCP... Tips, Tricks and other benefits!?

They just added streaming services for 6% and ride sharing(Uber, lyft, parking, etc.) for 3%.

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great slSmiley Happy EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

They just added streaming services for 6% and ride sharing(Uber, lyft, parking, etc.) for 3%.

Brian, that's great to hear! Where are you reading this? I am looking for this information in their Terms and Conditions. Perhaps they have not yet updated that part?

Message 4 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Brian, that's great to hear! Where are you reading this? I am looking for this information in their Terms and Conditions. Perhaps they have not yet updated that part?

Possibly. They've also removed department stores as a category.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/965A05C8-6861-11E9-ACA1-3F2BE0CA201C

Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Just glanced at article again, starts may 9th

Message 6 of 10
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

It’s my one and only grocery card!
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to use this card the same way!

@Ysettle4 wrote:
It’s my one and only grocery card!

Message 8 of 10
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yes, it unfortunately has been removed for anyone getting this card after May 9, 2019... but those that got approved before that date will be able to use the department store rewards until the end of July...

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 10
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Make sure you get groceries at a store that codes right. Usually, places like Walmart, Target, Sam's, etc. won't. Places like Kroger, Meijer, HyVee, etc. will.

I have no problem maxing out the 6K every year, which is why I still use Discover and Freedom during their grocery quarter. I have a place where the gas station codes as groceries, so it adds up quickly.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.