Re: AmEx Blue Cash Preferred Approval!

Grats to you!

Message 11 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your BCP approval.

If I'm not mistaken the possibility of a 61-day CLI is only available to new American Express members.  For existing members, a CLI on a new card can only occur after 180 days of a CLI on any of your previous cards.

@Anonymous, I have been with Amex since 1983, Got A 61 day CLI on My Schwab Investor Card.

and  it is Not a Co-Branded Card. Also did it with very little spend. ...Very Little!

Message 12 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats! This is one of my favorites.

You only net 4.4% (after AF) on groceries if you max the $6K, but it beats anything else if you have high grocery spend like me.

Message 13 of 15
GrayMatter

@Anonymous wrote:

BTW, how much have you used your EveryDay card?  There have been multiple reports of Amex reducing credit limits on accounts that haven't been used much in the recent past.  But usually a quick phone call is all that it takes for them to restore the credit limit to the original amount.

I have had the EveryDay card for 4 years and have rarely used it. The approval letter I received mentioned i had reached the maximum amount of credit they could extend to me. I'm now at just over $34k total CL between the 3 cards.

| Chase Freedom $9.5k | LFCU Platinum $25k | AmEx Blue $10k | AmEx Platinum NPSL | Discover $7.5k | CapOne QS $19k | REI MC $18k | AmEx ED $1k | BofA CashRewards $2k | Citi Rewards+ $13.7k | Chase Sapphire $22k | Citi Premier $18k | CapOne GM BuyPower $10k | AmEx BlueCash Preferred $23.1k | NFCU cashRewards $11k | GS Apple Card $20k | NFCU Go Rewards $25k |

Message 14 of 15
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new BCP @GrayMatter! This is a solid card and one I use exclusively for groceries and my Netflix/Apple stuff. The rewards post a bit late but considering you'll bank 6% its worth the extra wait.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.