Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Delta Platinum - after BK7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Delta Platinum - after BK7

Hello MyFIco Fam!

The moment I'd been waiting ffor finally arrived!! AmEx said yes to my proposal. And I'm hoping we have a wonderful, long-lasting relationship.

It is 5 years 1 month after my BK7 was filed. I was supposed to wait unitl later in the month to apply. But, I couldn't help myself! After checking CCT and noticing my Experian dropped from 712 to 698 (old accounts falling off and AAOA dropped from almost 9 years to 5 years-at least I think that is the issue), I got nervous. I thought I was not going to be approved. 

Hit submit. After waiting for 30 seconds while the circle rotated, got the "we're sending it for review. You will receive notification in 14 days". But simultaneously received an email from AmEx! You've been approved. 

Called in to CSR

CL - $7,900  - Couldn't believe it. Was sure I would get $1,000 or less. 

APR - 26.99% - Kinda sucks. But I won't carry a balance anyway

Can be used right away on Delta.com to purchase some tickets for this summer. 

CSR expedited the card and it should arrive on or before the 5th. 

CSR verified that I would be receiving the 70,000 for $2k spend in 3 months and $100 statement credit for Delta purchase in 3 months. This was a targeted offer from Delta.

Data Points

Ex. -698, inquiries 5 (with app)

Last card applied for on my own November 2017

Last card as authorized user January 2018

All cards $0, except 2

Utility 4% overall, Discover It 4%, NFCU Cash Rewards18%

QUESTION---When will be a decent time to go for the AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant? Do I need to wait at least a month?

Edited to provide corrected info

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx Delta Platinum - after BK7

Congratulations on your approval there

As far as when to app for the Marriott card it depends on what you mean it is a good time to do so

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

As far as when to app for the Marriott card it depends on what you mean it is a good time to do so

Thanks simplynoir! 

I guess I mean, I'm new to AmEx and got a new credit card, as opposed to a charge card. I've seen where people get approved for a charge card and a credit card in the same day. But, I think I've read that going for 2 credit cards too close together can cause 1 to go pending review. Am I remembering incorrectly? Is 30 days sufficient time to have passed where this doesn't happen?

Also, what about the soft pull for existing members? How long should one be a member before the the second app becomes a soft pull? 30 days? 60 days?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your AmEx Delta Platinum - after BK7approval.

Amex High APR's I think are the Norm. and I dont think they do Reducts.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats on your AmEx Delta Platinum - after BK7approval.

Amex High APR's I think are the Norm. and I dont think they do Reducts.

Thanks M_Smart007!!! Glad to know I'm not an outlier with the high APR. And definitely won't carry a balance!

Message 5 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Thanks simplynoir! 

I guess I mean, I'm new to AmEx and got a new credit card, as opposed to a charge card. I've seen where people get approved for a charge card and a credit card in the same day. But, I think I've read that going for 2 credit cards too close together can cause 1 to go pending review. Am I remembering incorrectly? Is 30 days sufficient time to have passed where this doesn't happen?

Also, what about the soft pull for existing members? How long should one be a member before the the second app becomes a soft pull? 30 days? 60 days?

Thanks!

The general rule of thumb is no more than 2 credit cards (non-charge) in a 90 day period so if you want to go for a 2nd card in 30 days that should be good. But to bring up the next point you made if you want it to be a SP then waiting 60-90 days is more ideal that way AMEX registers you're a cardholder already so they do not perform another HP on your reports.

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Woo hoo! Way to FICO , POSSY👍🤗

Great limit, Sub, and patience!. I too got a high apr on my last Amex so pif is the way to go. I know this has been a goal card of yours and am glad you achieved it. Remember sp isnt guaranteed but is possibleSmiley Wink. If you think you can cover both Subs now you might try now but if its not mission critical, give it a couple months. Well done, EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Thanks simplynoir! 

Thanks!

The general rule of thumb is no more than 2 credit cards (non-charge) in a 90 day period so if you want to go for a 2nd card in 30 days that should be good. But to bring up the next point you made if you want it to be a SP then waiting 60-90 days is more ideal that way AMEX registers you're a cardholder already so they do not perform another HP on your reports.

Thanks! This is great info. I have a few Marriott stays coming up starting at the end of June. I may be able to push the app to the end of June or 1st of July. I will think on it!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Woo hoo! Way to FICO , POSSY👍🤗

Great limit, Sub, and patience!. I too got a high apr on my last Amex so pif is the way to go. I know this has been a goal card of yours and am glad you achieved it. Remember sp isnt guaranteed but is possibleSmiley Wink. If you think you can cover both Subs now you might try now but if its not mission critical, give it a couple months. Well done, EnjoySmiley Happy

Thanks AJC!!! You're so right! Getting in with AmEx and getting Delta and Marriott cards have been my dream for sooo long. I'm so excited! Even called my best friend to tell her the good news! Well, one goal has been met! My patience and gardening have definitely paid off!!!! 

And I think I might wait until the end of June or beginning of July to apply. And if I get a SP,  then that's ok. Not the end of the world. Smiley Wink That might be better for the SUB anyway. I plan to enroll in a doctorate program for Fall 2019. So, applying in July falls more in line with when my tuition payments will be due. Siiiiiggghhhh!

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck with your schoolSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.