Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Everyday Approval -- $10k SL

tag
gatorlover
Contributor

AmEx Everyday Approval -- $10k SL

Guys, this is by far the most exciting news I have gotten recently in my journey to credit success.

Just 3 weeks ago, I applied for the AmEx PRG and BCE. Both of them took 2 weeks to be approved due to fraud verification (AmEx required a copy of my address in a letterheaded letter from my bank), but they were approved. The BCE was approved at only a $500 SL. Not sure what the Spending Power is on my PRG as I haven't received it yet, but hopefully early next week.

Anyways, I got my BCE finally earlier this week (Monday), and already ran the $500 CL through it and PIF. I remembered reading that AmEx cards are SP on denial for existing members, so I decided to try my luck with the regular Everyday, because I'd like to have their only revolver with MR points.

Applied, instant approval. Call to check my SL, the gentleman on the phone was insanely kind and informed me that I have done a great job maintaining my FICO scores and my SL, of course, should reflect this, and that my SL was $10,000.

This is now my highest CL card, and I am OFFICIALLY going into the garden. I have no more need for new credit. AmEx has been insanely generous to me, and it's crazy the difference going from a 667 FICO to 695 (Experian) has done.

I currently sit at:

EX: 695

TU: 712

EQ: 674

Income: $95k

And to give some more context on my profile: 120+ days late 2 years ago, 6 accounts with derogs (mostly 6+ years, but not dropped off yet), 6 year old judgement PIF 2 years ago. Squeaky clean the last 2 years, sitting at 8% UTIL.

In summary: 3 weeks ago, AmEx first approved me borderline at $500 SL after 2 weeks waiting. Just today, I got approved for $10k instantly. Man, what a difference. 

SERIOUSLY GUYS, into the garden for me now to recover my AAoA. But MAN, I am so STOKED to have this card!

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx Everyday Approval -- $10k SL

Congratulations! on landing them BOTH!

Sometimes it just works out that way for you. Nice effort. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Nice! A 10K SL with a less than 700 EX score is pretty nice if you ask me
769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That is amazing. You should be stokedSmiley Happy. Continue bettering your reports and the skys the limit. ENJOY Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 11
Dawggie14
Regular Contributor

@gatorlover wrote:

Guys, this is by far the most exciting news I have gotten recently in my journey to credit success.

Just 3 weeks ago, I applied for the AmEx PRG and BCE. Both of them took 2 weeks to be approved due to fraud verification (AmEx required a copy of my address in a letterheaded letter from my bank), but they were approved. The BCE was approved at only a $500 SL. Not sure what the Spending Power is on my PRG as I haven't received it yet, but hopefully early next week.

Anyways, I got my BCE finally earlier this week (Monday), and already ran the $500 CL through it and PIF. I remembered reading that AmEx cards are SP on denial for existing members, so I decided to try my luck with the regular Everyday, because I'd like to have their only revolver with MR points.

Applied, instant approval. Call to check my SL, the gentleman on the phone was insanely kind and informed me that I have done a great job maintaining my FICO scores and my SL, of course, should reflect this, and that my SL was $10,000.

This is now my highest CL card, and I am OFFICIALLY going into the garden. I have no more need for new credit. AmEx has been insanely generous to me, and it's crazy the difference going from a 667 FICO to 695 (Experian) has done.

I currently sit at:

EX: 695

TU: 712

EQ: 674

Income: $95k

And to give some more context on my profile: 120+ days late 2 years ago, 6 accounts with derogs (mostly 6+ years, but not dropped off yet), 6 year old judgement PIF 2 years ago. Squeaky clean the last 2 years, sitting at 8% UTIL.

In summary: 3 weeks ago, AmEx first approved me borderline at $500 SL after 2 weeks waiting. Just today, I got approved for $10k instantly. Man, what a difference. 

SERIOUSLY GUYS, into the garden for me now to recover my AAoA. But MAN, I am so STOKED to have this card!

Huge congratulations, Gator! Not only is the approval a great thing, but the increase in your available credit will help push your score even higher. I'm excited for you to get to your 61st day to request your CLI! Love me some Amex, for sure.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! See you in the garden! 😀

Message 7 of 11
gatorlover
Contributor

Thanks all! Definitely deep in the garden now and no more apps from me. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my card and 61 days for my attempt at 3xCLI Smiley Happy

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice !! Congrats !!

Aiming for that $30K limit I see.

Good luck and let us know how it goes !!

Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice approval, and SL!! Much congrats to youSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.