Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Hilton Honors Approval

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

AmEx Hilton Honors Approval

After I applied (and was approve) for my BCE, I applied for the Hilton Honors card. Of course I wasn't fully aware of the 2-card-1-pull methodology with AmEx so I had waited a day and ended up with two HP. 

No big deal since they approved me for the HH with a $1,000 limit. I wasn't ever entirely hopeful that I'd get it given the back-to-back applications and my current scoring, but hey, I'll take it. Smiley Happy 

I'm pretty sure I applied for the one with the 50,000-point offer. I don't think I would have chosen the ones with AFs, though I frankly don't remember. I suppose I'll find out when the card shows up based on its design!

This makes me 3 for 4 on my app spree with the final being the Chase IHG in its beautiful 30-day-to-2-week state. 

Scores are below and current as of yesterday.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Hilton Honors Approval

Congrats on your Amex approval; normally you have to wait 5 days between two approvals for them

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! yes, the regular no AF Hilton has the 50k offer.  Last week, i got an approval to upgrade mine to the Ascend for 75k bonus points after spending $2k.

Message 3 of 6
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats!! yes, the regular no AF Hilton has the 50k offer.  Last week, i got an approval to upgrade mine to the Ascend for 75k bonus points after spending $2k.

Were you coming from the regular HH? 50k on signup for HH plus 75k when upgrading to HHA sounds like a killer deal.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally got the Hilton with $95 AF back in 2015 with a 75k offer.  I then downgraded before the AF hit.  Last week, i called to order a card for my wife on the AMEX Platinum Ameriprise and the CSR told me i had an offer to upgrade back to the AF hilton for 75k after $2k spent, i took it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.