Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Starwood SPG SP approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Starwood SPG SP approval

So, I decided to check my offers on my AmEx card and noticed the "featured cards" were different than they usually are, so I checked each of them and 1 of the 3 I was actually preapproved for, the SPG Card.

Knowing that AmEx will SP applications for existing cardmembers I gave it a shot and got approved for a $1000 limit immediately. I checked my Experian report and they didn't do a Hard Pull which is really nice.

Hopefully this will help my profile a lot.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AmEx Starwood SPG SP approval

Congrats and welcome to the Amerriottwood club!  What was your sign-up bonus?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks, it was 25k points for 3k in spending over 3 months.

On another note, how are you enjoying the winter wonderland out there?
Message 3 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It can be difficult to hit the spend with a lower limit, but fortunately Amex will allow you to make multiple payments.  Just don't miss out because those points are extremely valuable!  After the spend, you could turn it into 84,000 Marriott points (essentially enough for a weekend at a Cat 8/9, 5 nights in a Category 4, 17 nights in a Category 1 with a Points Saver, etc...).  With a little work and timing, you could turn that into a $2,000 award redemption for $3,000 spend. Smiley Wink  Or you could get 25,000 SkyMiles and still have 8,000 Starpoints left.  So many possibilities!

As for winter, I usually don't mind.  I can deal with the snow, but Boston usually isn't sub-zero and that has been brutal the past 2 weeks!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! I didn't know the points transferred that well over to Marriott, I was originally planning on transferring to Delta but I may change my mind.

Yeah the temperatures suck, I'm actually in Boston as well and the -25 degree wind chill had me camping out inside
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you look for "featured", or "preapproved" offers when you are signed into your Amex Account?

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are logged in, click the menu then Cards then "Charge and Credit Card Offers."

It should feature 3 cards for you and if you click "Apply Now" it will either say at the top "Applying to expand your membership is easy." Or "xxx you are pre-approved."

You can guess which one means what, but make sure to check all of them because you may be preapproved for some but not others.
Message 7 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool! I didn't know the points transferred that well over to Marriott, I was originally planning on transferring to Delta but I may change my mind.

Yeah the temperatures suck, I'm actually in Boston as well and the -25 degree wind chill had me camping out inside

The best part of the current Marriott/SPG situation is the 3:1 Starpoints to Marriott Rewards conversion, and the fact that the SPG earns more Marriott Rewards points than any of the Marriott cards (and 15 points per $ for airfare with Amex Platinum). And status matching, of course. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

Where do you look for "featured", or "preapproved" offers when you are signed into your Amex Account?

Untitled-amex.png

Edit: and of course @Anonymous beat me to it!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been getting this response for days. Does that mean I don't have any offers? I have a few "pre-quals" when I use their link.

Sorry, an error occurred.

The service you requested is currently not available. Please try again later.

Learn more about our offers.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...

Must be my work computer, I tried from my mobile phone and got 3 cards. All say "expanding...."

I do have a "pre-qualified" offer that I am interested in when I look for pre-quals. Delta Gold Amex with 35,000 points after the 1st $1,000 spend. Just received my PRG and it's only 25,000 points after $2K.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.