Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase approved! But....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase approved! But....

I was approved for an initial limit of $500. Call me silly but what does an initial limit mean?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase approved! But....

I dont know why they word it like that, it gives people hope that the actual credit line will be larger. but thats the limit you are given. Congrats on the new amazon card! 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddemari is it chase that says "your initial limit is" but when you get the card it's higher? what bank is that! lol going crazy.
Message 3 of 17
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Hopefully your limit will grow!
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does you give false hope like they're going to increase the "initial" limit.

Message 5 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

synch bank does the initial credit limit thing too, espeically with ebates visa. fortunately, they are going to give you a higher CL than they state! lol. when I was approved for amazon visa, i got the 500, too. I was able to have a personal banker call chase and "reconsider" my credit limit and they did without another pull. they raised the limit to $4500

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 10.07.49 PM.png

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That gives me some hope. I guess I should call the recon line to see if they will reconsider my limit. 

Message 7 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

you can ask them, but they will probably want to do a hard pull. if you do call, ask them to reconsider using the same credit report and see what they say. i have a good repore with some of the bankers at the chase I go into a lot for business related stuff and i have several personal accounts. if i called, i dont think I would have yieled sucess. 

Message 8 of 17
someg33k
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ddemari is it chase that says "your initial limit is" but when you get the card it's higher? what bank is that! lol going crazy.

Ebates from Sync gives you a Temporary limit shopping pass when approved.  Chase is just a tease, unless you want to take another HP for most likely nothing.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch, it'll probably be a Visa signature too...!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.