cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime APPROVED! ... Do I try for the Chase DoublePlay?

tag
specialcase
Established Member

Amazon Prime APPROVED! ... Do I try for the Chase DoublePlay?

Today is a good day. I was getting antsy to see how much my credit had improved in real-life terms so I pulled the trigger on the Amazon Prime Visa Signature. My scores are in my siggy below with no baddies except 2 medical collections reporting to EQ from 2015.

Approved for $3600 SL! This is the biggest initial approval I have ever received. All my other cards started at $500 to $1000 and had to grow, garden and bloom through tedious work in the soil. (You can see some of the stuff I've been working on for the last few years by searching for user:   - I forgot my previous login credentials and had to register anew)

Wondering if I should tempt fate with a second Chase app today on the Freedom Unlimited. Recently Chase has been popping up ads for a $150 bonus if I spend $500 in 3 months every time I open my mobile app. I'm already an AU on my soon-to-be-DW's Freedom Unlimited so I think it will make me ineligible for the bonus since she already got the same one back in October when we opened our joint checking account there. If that is the case, then I don't need another general purpose 1.5% card as I already have the CapOne QS with no AF. In that case, I think I would opt for the PayPal 2% from Synchrony.

[EDIT:  Chase pulled EX and EQ for approval. I'm in Washington State.]

MY SCORES
[03/2018] EX - 663 (Amex) | TU - 692 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[04/2018] EX - 678 (Amex) | TU - 703 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[05/2018] EX - 677 (Amex) | TU - 709 (BECU) | EQ - 678 (Fingerhut)
Goal: 740 across the board by 01/2019

Credit Cards
Store Cards
Authorized User
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime APPROVED! ... Do I try for the Chase DoublePlay?

Honestly, I wouldn't.  I saw a recent post in credit card applications, that chase canceled the day card arrived. 

....just my opinion

Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new card! And honestly if you already have 1.5% cards I would hold out for the $300 SUB or not even bother. Maybe the Freedom card for the rotating 5% categories but until recently that card had the same $300 SUB.

Message 3 of 8
specialcase
Established Member

The regular Freedom doesn't really interest me as I already have two solid "category" cards with the AMEX and Discover. Waiting for the bigger SUB ($300 vs $150) sounds like a solid and smart plan, I'll just reap the rewards as they come - no need to be greedy considering my FICO was so low in the not too distant past, I was being denied for secured cards.

I guess it's time to pick up the shovel and get back to the garden... the tulips and daffodils are really pretty up here this time of year!

MY SCORES
[03/2018] EX - 663 (Amex) | TU - 692 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[04/2018] EX - 678 (Amex) | TU - 703 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[05/2018] EX - 677 (Amex) | TU - 709 (BECU) | EQ - 678 (Fingerhut)
Goal: 740 across the board by 01/2019

Credit Cards
Store Cards
Authorized User
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! looking forward to having this card one day. Stuck with an amazon store card for now.

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy i see you prefer the shovel with your gardening. I prefer hoes, make my gardening much easierSmiley Happy To each their ownSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Chase Amazon Prime on 4/12/18 with a CL of $3K and I even went on the sight and signed up for online banking.  I had also applied for Chase AARP at that same time because I think I had heard Chase would accept 2 apps the same day for 1 hard pull.  I think I became aware after a manual review of AARP online that my Chase Prime was closed and received followup in the mail.  The notice said too much recent activity in a 2 year period or something like that.  I really wanted a Chase account because I was beyond the 5/24 rule and that would have been a good way to get in.  I haven't re-applied since then because of the HP but it's always in the back of my mind. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.