cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Approved but Strange.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Approved but Strange.

I applied for  the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card and was approved! It told me I had a $5,000 credit limit. When the card arrived this afternoon it stated I had a credit access line of $8,100 and a cash advance of $1,600. 

What does credit access line mean? I've never heard of "credit access line" before. I've always related to credit lines. Can someone shine light?

By they way I wish each and everyone of you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year to come!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Approved but Strange.

Congrats!  Sounds like they changed their mind and gave you $8100 instead of $5000.  Chase changed their phrasing for credit limits a few years back on Visa Signature and Visa Infinite cards since they are flexible spending accounts that do allow you to spend above the predetermined credit line, but you can only revolve the amount of the credit access line between statements.  

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the explinaton and help that makes sense. Can you explain going above your credit line but you can only revolve the amount of the credit access line between statements?

I've never went above my credit lines and certainly hope not to but interesting to see that even in the documents that was sent to me from them that it stated the same thing. But I was exaclty sure what it meant.

Message 3 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Let’s say you charged all $8100 of your limit. When your statement closes, you would have a minimum payment due of about $162. If you charged $9100, they would very likely allow you to do so, but your minimum payment would be about $1162 since you are required to bring it down to your credit line and can’t revolve that balance to the next statement.

It’s a common feature of Visa Signature, Visa Infinite, World MasterCard, World Elite MasterCard, and American Express revolving cards. Just for whatever reason Chase decided to call the credit limit a credit line since it’s not a hard limit.

It’s also worth noting that hitting 100% or more of your reported credit will cause damage to your FICO scores, but utilization has no memory so as soon as a lower balance is reported your scores will recover. This feature comes in handy more for making heavy use of your credit cards. When my SPG card from Amex only had a $21,000 limit I was consistently putting about $12,000 a month on it. So while it never reported more than that on my credit reports, there were times when I had a payment scheduled just before the due date where the total of my statement balance plus new charges exceeded the $21,000.
Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very niceSmiley Happy Chase wants to dream with youSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats on the approval and them bumping up your SL!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!! very nice SL !!!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a great card and Merry Christmas to you too!
Message 9 of 16
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.