Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature

tag
Mike1014805
New Contributor

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature

So I just got approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature. But I was only approved for $3,300. Not a bad starting limit. However, I thought that Visa Signature Cards came with a minimum starting limit of $5,000. So, I wanted to know a few things: has anyone else been approved for this card with a limit below $5,000? How does Chase do Credit Limit Increases? Are they automatic, or do I need to request one every 6 months? Finally, is it a hard inquiry, or a soft one if you request a CLI?

15 REPLIES 15
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature

@Mike1014805 This particular card will issue Visa Signautres under 5000. Some other banks will only issue signature visa with 5000 or more this card just happens to be an expection. Congrats on approval

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 2 of 16
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Mike1014805 wrote:

So, I wanted to know a few things: has anyone else been approved for this card with a limit below $5,000? How does Chase do Credit Limit Increases? Are they automatic, or do I need to request one every 6 months? Finally, is it a hard inquiry, or a soft one if you request a CLI?

Yes, I was initially approved for $3,000 back in 2017.  Chase allowed me to move up to $6,600 from my CSP to this card.  Virtually, all my spend is on Amazon, always paying in full.  Never received an auto-CLI, never wanted to waste the required HP to request one.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Mike1014805-- echoing the above comments, Chase's Amazon Visa Signature cards can be issued with limits below $5,000.  Also, any customer-initiated CLI requests will be HP.  Best thing to do (or at least try) for the next 6-12 months is to use the card quite a bit in the hopes it can trigger an auto-CLI.

Message 4 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your Chase approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 5 of 16
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

The minimum SL on this card could be as low as $500. 

If you ask for a CLI on any Chase product it is a hard pull. Recently. Chase has really been dolling out the increases on this card. There has been some rumors in the past that Chase might/might not be the issuer of this card when the contract expires, but it's all speculation at this point. 

I was under the impression that Chase usually looks at CLIs from 6 months on. Just be responsible, use it often, and it should grow over time. 

Congratulations. 

JR
Message 6 of 16
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Approval!!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Amazon VS approval!

Message 8 of 16
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amazon Prime Rewards approval

Message 9 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Amazon approval! The minimum $5K SL on Visa Signature cards isn't a hard rule and can vary by lender. Auto-CLIs are rare with Chase but they can happen with responsible use. CLI requests are HP and it's also my understanding that you will need to be under 5/24 in order to be approved for a Chase CLI just like applying for a new Chase card.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.