Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Signature Visa Approved!

tag
BayRaider510
Established Member

Amazon Prime Signature Visa Approved!

First CC App I've made in over a year, had to call recon and all they needed was some identity verification. Approved for 8K before the call was over.

Current cards:

Capital One Secured MasterCard $750 (Opened June 2012)

Barclay Arrival Plus MasterCard $7600 (Opened July 2013)

Valley First Credit Union Signature Visa $5000 (Opened January 2015)

Barclay Commerence Card $4400 (Use to be Sallie Mae, which is why I applied for Amazon because they took the perks from this one) (Opened April 2015)

Nasa Federal Credit Union $1000 (Opened February 2016)

Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card $5000 (Opened March 2016)

Amazon Prime Signature Visa $8000 (Opened April 2017)

Fico 8 Scores before the Prme card: EQ 769, EX 763, TU 763

Fico 9 Scores before the Prime card: EQ 774, EX 765, TU 787

Expecting a 10 point hit but that's fine.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Signature Visa Approved!

Nice approval!  Looks like they decided to outdo all of your current credit limits as well which is always cool.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've had this card since 2009 and with it's recent update it's much better!
Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Very noteworthy comparison to Synchrony's start limits for an Amazon Card with no doubt a lower APR and optional use courtesy Visa payment network.

Good result. Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone heard of anyone getting approved for this card with greater than a $10k SL?  In looking at the credit pulls database I only see one person in the last 5 years that got approved with $10k on this card and that was in 2012.  The highest since then reported in the CPD is $8500.  I was thinking maybe someone on this forum has heard of someone with a > $10k SL on this card?

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I should not have done it. I have applied for the Amazon Visa card and received the message, unable to make decsion and if approved,  I'll receive an email. I have received an email from WalletHut that they pulled TU. My score on TU is only about 650 or so. I have some accounts that are defaulted and I am working on paying them off now. Brighter side,  i have not applied for credit in the last 5+ years. I have two active credit cards from chase and I have Amazon store card from Sync and have been an Amazon customer for last 8+ years. What are my chances of the approval and how much this Inquiry is going to hurt me. Is there any website where I can check the status of the application?

Message 6 of 7
BRIVERS73
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone heard of anyone getting approved for this card with greater than a $10k SL?  In looking at the credit pulls database I only see one person in the last 5 years that got approved with $10k on this card and that was in 2012.  The highest since then reported in the CPD is $8500.  I was thinking maybe someone on this forum has heard of someone with a > $10k SL on this card?

I actually just pulled the trigger for this card and got a $10k SL. 10k is probably the cap atm. Transunion was pulled & my current fico is 805

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.