Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Approval!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Store Card Approval!!!!

Hi guys, 

I just applied and was approved for an amazon prime store card for $1100. I really wasn't expecting this since I am very new to credit (18) and my two other cards have a measly $200 and $250 limit (Discover IT and Uber Visa Card). I am also a full-time college student with a small income so I was really surprised to see 4 digits! Time to go into the garden and grow those CLs Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Approval!!!!

Congrats! While the iron is hot (i.e., short pull territory), before jumping into the garden it couldn't hurt to call them and ask for just a little higher credit line...won't hurt AT ALL if you do it quickly. That's what I did with mid-600's FICO and they increased it from 1800 to 5000 right then and there.

EDIT: The CSR asked me why I wanted the increase and I told her I realized I needed to change my shopping habits to online shopping and would like to do much more online business with Amazon for now and in the future.  Seemed to work for me at the time.  YMMV of course and BOL!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I'll try!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I’m glad you found this forum early in your journey.
Message 5 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! Use it wisely!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is the next card i'm hoping to acquire.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

18 and 3 great cards. Slow and steady m8Smiley Happy. In 4 years your credit should be sweet. Just dont push it and you can plant the seed for your futureSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.