Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Approved

Do they actually send out a physical card?
Message 11 of 27
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do they actually send out a physical card?

Congrats OP.  Yes they do send a physical card.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I read somewhere that it's a paper card, haven't gotten it yet though.

Message 13 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe the card seems like a normal cc, have mine at home, not paper but no C$R Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok, thanks.  Can't remember where I saw that.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah ok, thanks.  Can't remember where I saw that.

It's a regular plastic card. You don't actually need to wait until you get it. Call the backdoor number for Synchrony Credit Solutions number, they can pull it up by your Social, they may have you do a text messgae or phone call verification real quick but it's painless. 

backdoor number thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066/highlight/true#M5530?q=Backdoor+Numbers

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn, all 3 scores over 700 and I got the max interest rate, 26.24%.  Smiley Sad  Good thing I don't like to carry a balance.  Any way to get them to lower that?

Message 17 of 27
gatorlover
Contributor

Amazon has 0% special financing offers for lots of big-ticket items, so I think as long as you can repay within the promotional window, you don't have to worry about it. I also just applied today, and had previously had a CO account with Amazon Store Card back when it was GE Money, yet they approved me on the spot for $1,800, which I was pretty happy with! 

Do you guys recommend calling right after you're approved to ask for the CLI via the backdoor number? Would be nice to have a higher CL with Amazon, because I do basically all my shopping there. 670 TU btw.

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The prime card is an actual physical plastic card. I believe the regular store one is the paper card.

It doesn't hurt to call before you get the card. I called Credit Solution before I received mine and they were able to bump my limit. I'll probably take advantage of the financing around Christmas shopping time for big purchases.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy  My card came in.  Carry on...

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.