Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card approval!

tag
Mischa
Contributor

Amazon Prime Store Card approval!

I've wanted this card for over a year for the 5% cashback. I applied last summer and was denied, but my score has increased substantially since then. I was nervous 😬 since there's no pre approval or SCT. 

I decided to just go for it today since I recently got approved for a few other cards that haven't hit reports yet. I figured I'll take a big hit once those show so I might as well try now or I may need to wait quite awhile. 

Approved for $1500! However, they did a double pull (Trans and Exp) which I wasn't expecting 😭. When I was denied prior they only pulled Trans. I guess I should've done more research. 

I'm definitely headed to the garden now as I've opened way too many accounts recently. I got my only baddies removed (one via dispute and one PFD) and went on a crazy app spree. Not ideal I know, but it feels great to get approved for a card you were previously denied for. 

Anyone know if they usually pull Fico 8? Stats prior to HP were Exp 727, Trans 729. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card approval!

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 15
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 4 of 15
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon Prime Store Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approval! AFAIK they still use their own internal scoring model for approvals.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!! Smiley Happy i love amazon

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mischa wrote:

I've wanted this card for over a year for the 5% cashback. I applied last summer and was denied, but my score has increased substantially since then. I was nervous 😬 since there's no pre approval or SCT. 

I decided to just go for it today since I recently got approved for a few other cards that haven't hit reports yet. I figured I'll take a big hit once those show so I might as well try now or I may need to wait quite awhile. 

Approved for $1500! However, they did a double pull (Trans and Exp) which I wasn't expecting 😭. When I was denied prior they only pulled Trans. I guess I should've done more research. 

I'm definitely headed to the garden now as I've opened way too many accounts recently. I got my only baddies removed (one via dispute and one PFD) and went on a crazy app spree. Not ideal I know, but it feels great to get approved for a card you were previously denied for. 

Anyone know if they usually pull Fico 8? Stats prior to HP were Exp 727, Trans 729. 

Congratulations on your Amazon acquisition and app spree approvals! It does feel good indeed! 🥳

Message 9 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your APrime approval!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.