Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store credit - approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Store credit - approved!

I shop at Amazon a lot. Chase recently dropped my credit limit when I paid the card off in full. It was a $2,000 card and now it's $1,000. I was contemplating another amazon card to get and decided on the Synchrony one. Applied and had to call in for verification. Did that and they told me congrats I was approved for $1,400. Well, I seen on here that you can start low and call in for CLI and they may give it to you, so I did. Called in and asked about a CLI and she told me that my limit was $4,400. I guess I heard it wrong the first time(although I think the rep actually said $1,400). I decided to inquire about $20k anyway as I read they will counter. I was denied with no counter. $4,400 definitely better than $1,400 though and it makes up for the lost limit on the Chase amazon. This will be getting a lot of use from me. First Synchrony card and first store card.

Last I looked all of my credit fico and vantage were around 740s. Age is around 2.5 years. Only 3 inquiries now I believe. All the past couple of months. Never late on any payments. I do have a collection for a verizon bill (with equipment) that I will try getting removed. Have some student debt. Never late or missed payments or anything.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Prime Store credit - approved!

4.4K is respectable to start, in 4 months call credit solutions and ask for more, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I shop at Amazon a lot. Chase recently dropped my credit limit when I paid the card off in full. It was a $1,000 card and now it's $1,000. I was contemplating another amazon card to get and decided on the Synchrony one. Applied and had to call in for verification. Did that and they told me congrats I was approved for $1,400. Well, I seen on here that you can start low and call in for CLI and they may give it to you, so I did. Called in and asked about a CLI and she told me that my limit was $4,400. I guess I heard it wrong the first time(although I think the rep actually said $1,400). I decided to inquire about $20k anyway as I read they will counter. I was denied with no counter. $4,400 definitely better than $1,400 though and it makes up for the lost limit on the Chase amazon. This will be getting a lot of use from me. First Synchrony card and first store card.

Last I looked all of my credit fico and vantage were around 740s. Age is around 2.5 years. Only 3 inquiries now I believe. All the past couple of months. Never late on any payments. I do have a collection for a verizon bill (with equipment) that I will try getting removed. Have some student debt. Never late or missed payments or anything.

You had a $1000 Chase card and now its $1000?  Now thats my kind of cldSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol I meant it was initially $2,000 and was dropped to $1,000

Message 4 of 15
JustJay119
Regular Contributor

4.4k isnt bad at all. Congrats!

Current

AU

Banking

Scores 10/15/21
Message 5 of 15
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and starting CL!

Message 6 of 15
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 7 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon Store Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ,..

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.