Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime VS Approval

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Amazon Prime VS Approval

I have no clue why I actually applied for this card...other than maybe I miss the 5% cash back on the Discover from last quarter. I apped and just knew I wouldn't get it. I'm in the middle of shifting some balances around between business and personal so my util looks very high. I was expecting an email about my decline with the 5/24 rule or something like too many inquiries or too many something else and BAM. Approval email! Low limit and high rate but I'll take it as an in with Chase. I want the Ink card but I have no other relationships and the 5/24 rule got me. I'm fine with this $500 limit for now.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime VS Approval

Hey, you are in the door. Give it time and let it grow. It might even help you with applying for other Chase credit cards in the future.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting your foot in the door with Chase! Your SL will grow in no time Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Amazon rocks!

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nicely done LindsaySmiley Happy a foot in is better than 2 feet outSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News! Congrats on your new card and SL! Enjoy and use it wisely.
Message 6 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I have no clue why I actually applied for this card...other than maybe I miss the 5% cash back on the Discover from last quarter. I apped and just knew I wouldn't get it. I'm in the middle of shifting some balances around between business and personal so my util looks very high. I was expecting an email about my decline with the 5/24 rule or something like too many inquiries or too many something else and BAM. Approval email! Low limit and high rate but I'll take it as an in with Chase. I want the Ink card but I have no other relationships and the 5/24 rule got me. I'm fine with this $500 limit for now.

I am convinced that I would not have gotten my AARp approval from Chase if I hadnt been approved for this card a few months back..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.