cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime VS Approval

newcredit16
Valued Member

Amazon Prime VS Approval

Yesterday, I was placing an order on Amazon.com and the offer to apply for the Prime VS card popped up. I jumped on the offer but received the 30 day processing message. I have a ID theft alert on my reports, so I knew I wouldn't receive an instant approval. But I called Chase today to verify my identity and after 2-3 minutes the rep told me I was approved for $6k. I'm glad to be back in with Chase, because I was denied for the freedom in 01/2017. The $70 gift card is nice too.

Data Points: Pulled EX, 719, 1 inq. with 5 baddies (3 late accts & 2 Chase COs(unpaid) all from 2011), AAoA = 8 years, UTI 1%. 

EQ 08 716/TU 08 720/EX 08 718 As of 09/25/2017
NFCU Cash Rewards $22K/Amazon Prime VS $6K/Cap One Plat $3K/Cap One MC $2.55K/NFCU GoRewards $25K-AU/BoA CR $6K-AU/Chase Freedom $7.5K-AU/Discover It $9K-AU/Belk Store Card $10K-AU
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime VS Approval

$6k with an unpaid CO? Wow Chase must like you! Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
newcredit16
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

$6k with an unpaid CO? Wow Chase must like you! Congrats!

Yes I was really shocked too. At first I didn't realize that Chase backs the Amazon Prime card or I would have never apped. After applying, then researching I just knew Chase would deny it but I guess I slipped into to Chase grace.

NFCU Cash Rewards $22K/Amazon Prime VS $6K/Cap One Plat $3K/Cap One MC $2.55K/NFCU GoRewards $25K-AU/BoA CR $6K-AU/Chase Freedom $7.5K-AU/Discover It $9K-AU/Belk Store Card $10K-AU
Message 3 of 9
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats! To get a foot in the door with 2 unpaid COs reporting is no small feat. Hopefully you can build your relationship from there.

**FICO 8 Scores Nov 2017 EQ 759 EX 744 TU 748**

Message 4 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@newcredit16 wrote:

Yesterday, I was placing an order on Amazon.com and the offer to apply for the Prime VS card popped up. I jumped on the offer but received the 30 day processing message. I have a ID theft alert on my reports, so I knew I wouldn't receive an instant approval. But I called Chase today to verify my identity and after 2-3 minutes the rep told me I was approved for $6k. I'm glad to be back in with Chase, because I was denied for the freedom in 01/2017. The $70 gift card is nice too.

Data Points: Pulled EX, 719, 1 inq. with 5 baddies (3 late accts & 2 Chase COs(unpaid) all from 2011), AAoA = 8 years, UTI 1%. 

Congrats!

For additional data points how much were the two Chase C/O?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Platinum, Business Cash
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture VS
Chase: Freedom U VS, CSR VI
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity VS
Credit Union: Rewards Visa
FICO 08: (3.04.21) EX: 838 / EQ: 850 / TU: 848
Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity

Congrats although don't you think you are playing with fire unless you are past the SOL in your state?  

Message 6 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Chase

Hopefully Chase scrubbed their blacklist files abit and some more of us can get back in now

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 7 of 9
newcredit16
Valued Member

@sjt wrote:

@newcredit16 wrote:

Congrats!

For additional data points how much were the two Chase C/O?

1 CO was for $2500 & the other was $5000 so a total of $7500 before interest and fees $10,578 after.

Message 8 of 9
newcredit16
Valued Member

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats although don't you think you are playing with fire unless you are past the SOL in your state?  

AL SOL expired after 6 years which was in April 2017 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.