Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime VS Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime VS Approval

Yesterday, I was placing an order on Amazon.com and the offer to apply for the Prime VS card popped up. I jumped on the offer but received the 30 day processing message. I have a ID theft alert on my reports, so I knew I wouldn't receive an instant approval. But I called Chase today to verify my identity and after 2-3 minutes the rep told me I was approved for $6k. I'm glad to be back in with Chase, because I was denied for the freedom in 01/2017. The $70 gift card is nice too.

Data Points: Pulled EX, 719, 1 inq. with 5 baddies (3 late accts & 2 Chase COs(unpaid) all from 2011), AAoA = 8 years, UTI 1%. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime VS Approval

$6k with an unpaid CO? Wow Chase must like you! Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$6k with an unpaid CO? Wow Chase must like you! Congrats!

Yes I was really shocked too. At first I didn't realize that Chase backs the Amazon Prime card or I would have never apped. After applying, then researching I just knew Chase would deny it but I guess I slipped into to Chase grace.

Message 3 of 9
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats! To get a foot in the door with 2 unpaid COs reporting is no small feat. Hopefully you can build your relationship from there.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yesterday, I was placing an order on Amazon.com and the offer to apply for the Prime VS card popped up. I jumped on the offer but received the 30 day processing message. I have a ID theft alert on my reports, so I knew I wouldn't receive an instant approval. But I called Chase today to verify my identity and after 2-3 minutes the rep told me I was approved for $6k. I'm glad to be back in with Chase, because I was denied for the freedom in 01/2017. The $70 gift card is nice too.

Data Points: Pulled EX, 719, 1 inq. with 5 baddies (3 late accts & 2 Chase COs(unpaid) all from 2011), AAoA = 8 years, UTI 1%. 

Congrats!

For additional data points how much were the two Chase C/O?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats although don't you think you are playing with fire unless you are past the SOL in your state?  

Message 6 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Chase

Hopefully Chase scrubbed their blacklist files abit and some more of us can get back in now

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

For additional data points how much were the two Chase C/O?

1 CO was for $2500 & the other was $5000 so a total of $7500 before interest and fees $10,578 after.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats although don't you think you are playing with fire unless you are past the SOL in your state?  

AL SOL expired after 6 years which was in April 2017 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.