cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Approved w/ Limited Credit History!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Visa Approved w/ Limited Credit History!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a surprising approval for a credit card. I'm an 18 year old college student and have spent a lot of time reading the posts on these forums. I just recently applied for an Amazon Prime Visa Signature credit card today, and kind of expected a denial after hearing how Chase likes to see at least one year of credit history first with other banks. To my surprise, however, I was instantly approved with a starting limit of $1,500!

I have only six months of credit history (not AU), with the following cards:

Wells Fargo College Cash Back - 6/18 ($900, CL to $1,400)

BofA Travel Rewards Visa - 7/18 ($1,500, CL to $1,900)

I'm also an AU for two of my mom's credit cards with Chase, one that is a year old and the other 10 years.

I still don't know what is it that helped me get my approval, but I do have a checking and savings account with Chase.

Just wanted to share my success here, and say thanks for the help as well!

P.S. It says that I was approved for a Amazon Prime Visa Signature card, but I'm pretty sure all Visa Signatures have a $5,000 minimum limit. Will I be getting a regular Visa then?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Approved w/ Limited Credit History!

First of all congratulations, welcome to the 18 y/o club. I have stated on many occasions that Chase's approval methods seem to be situational and not based directly on your credit history, I'm sure it helped that you were an AU on cards issued by their institution with a good payment history. Second of all, I have never been issued a Visa Signature with a limit below $5,000 but stranger things have happened. You'll just have to wait to get your shiny new card in the mail to see the badge in the lower right corner. Keep us posted and keep up the amazing work!
Message 2 of 12
_NERD
Established Contributor

Outstanding. Congrats. 

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

The Amazon card is a bit of an outlier. Even if it’s a $500 SL, it’s a Visa Signature. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! I would definitely chill in the garden for a bit and let your accounts age for some time. Spend wisely and be smart with your finances. You have a great start!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

All Chase Amazon cards are Siggys.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 12
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Looks like not all Visa Signature are 5K SCL. got my USB Cash+ VS with 2K SCL.

To get this Chase Amazon Prime Visa, do you need the annual prime membership or the monthly membership would do?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 8 of 12
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Those of us with US Bank signatures know very well that signatures come in approvals well under 5K, try $500. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.