Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa after Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Visa after Recon

Happy Prime Day!!

I was doing some amazon shopping and saw the $70 gift card again. It’s been two weeks since an app, and my future Christmas shopping came to the back of my mind. I read a few articles about the 5/24 rule not really applying to the amazon card when finally I decided I might as well; I don’t plan on applying for anything big for at least 2 years regardless.

Boom: instant deny.

I went on Experian and sure enough there’s the Chase inquiry; I decided then I might as well recon it.

Called the number an hour after the app, guy confirmed my app and asked if there were any changes, said an account was not on there yet. Asked specific income questions like what employer, where’s it split, etc. Put on hold for 5 min. Picks up again, asks why I have 5 inquiries in last 6 months, explained how cap 1 denied and how I’m building credit for the long term, always pay in pull, etc etc.

Put on hold for another 5 min.
Starts saying generic things about having reviewed app making me think it’s denied when boom, accepted. Starting Line is $1000 which is a terrific start since it’ll be a once every other week or so card.

Experian stayed at 738, will check it again tomorrow to see if it changed.

First recon to work for me and first card from chase (I’m eyeing the CSP in 3 years) so I’m super happy.

Back to the garden for good this time!
10 REPLIES 10
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Visa after Recon

Happy Prime Day and Congrats on the Recon!

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done, ST. Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on recon and approval !!!!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recon. All of my Chase recons have been unsuccessful and brutal AF.

Now if I can just get Amazon to stop crashing so I can actually buy the things I put in my cart this afternoon.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recon and approval! Nicely done!!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Happy shopping! 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Nice approval! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card, time for Prime day! Nice recon as well..

@ 4theLoveofPoints - I've had a few of those, usually what I do when I get someone on the phone that feels like they aren't going to assist me in the best way, I make an excuse and hang up, give it a few minutes and then call back. Just the initial few words (tone, how they speak), will tell you if someone's willing to work with you or not.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.