Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200 to CLI $4000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200 to CLI $4000

First I want to say THANK YOU!

Thank you to everyone on this forum who helps, who posts, who reads, who dreams, etc!

I'm literally crying right now because I could never imagine in a million years that I would be where I am today, and in such a short period of time!

I still have a long rebuilding road ahead of me but to see where I was in July 2016 to where I am now is just... I don't have the words to express my gratitude! 

Again, Thank you! 

Just to let everyone know why I am so happy is that this is the highest starting credit limit I have ever had.

I really want to baby this card and my Discover and watch them grow. (Any advice would be greatly appreciated) 

Also, to all those that are on the road of rebuilding, here is another billboard to show you that it is possible to rise from the ashes. 

That following the great advice on here you too will have these crying moments! 

So here is the breakdown:

Amazon Store Card is thru (SYNCHRONY BANK) and only TU was pulled, as I didn't get an alert on EQ/EX.

My TU Fico Score is 675

My UTIL is 4%, my income is $70,000, have 5 lates - last late was 22 months ago, and 2 collections at the 5-year mark.

I have Amazon Prime, and I sometimes use Amazon to purchase little things, but with them making a big push here in Saint Paul, MN with Prime Delivery, I thought this might be the best card for me that SYNCHRONY BANK offers. I figure I will use the card to purchase my household items (toilet paper, etc... and PIF each month). 

Any advice would be helpful as to the next steps with this card, etc...

Thank you! 

28 REPLIES 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200!!!

Congrats.gif

Message 2 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call Credit Solutions and ask for $10k, they will counter.

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called Credit Solutions and the nice lady, ask me a few questions then asked how much I wanted. I said $10K and she placed me on hold for 1 minute and said she would check my credit report. She comes back at the 1-minute mark and said that they couldn't do 10K.

BUT WAIT FOR IT!!!!

She said they could do $4000.... HOLY Guacamole!

She said it would go active in 2-3 minutes and I would get a letter telling me why they couldn't go to 10K.

So now I have $4800 in credit spread over 4 cards, that is amazing!

Creditaddict thank you again!

I'm so excited!!! 

Message 4 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called Credit Solutions and the nice lady, ask me a few questions then asked how much I wanted. I said $10K and she placed me on hold for 1 minute and said she would check my credit report. She comes back at the 1-minute mark and said that they couldn't do 10K.

BUT WAIT FOR IT!!!!

She said they could do $4000.... HOLY Guacamole!

She said it would go active in 2-3 minutes and I would get a letter telling me why they couldn't go to 10K.

So now I have $4800 in credit spread over 4 cards, that is amazing!

Creditaddict thank you again!

I'm so excited!!! 

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200 to CLI $4000

Nooice!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 5% back unlimited is the best!

Message 7 of 29
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 

I applied two more times last night:

Walmart - Approved for $1200 called in to ask for $10K got $4000. (Was looking to buy a PS4 for X-MAS) Supposedly I will get a $50 statement credit and a $75 e-card so this looks like a huge win-win. 

Old Navy - Approved for $300 called in to ask for $1500 got $1500. (Not really sure why I did old navy as I usually only shop their clearance rack at the outlet store). Maybe i'll find a use for it. 

With responsible use of these two cards will Synchrony convert them to a MC/Visa in a few years?

Now that I have 3 new trades, I am done with apping and will live vicariously through others.

I plan to Garden till at least Black Friday 2017 with the hope that I nurture these accounts and watch them grow.

Then I'll try getting my hands on a Chase Sapphire Preferred. 

Message 9 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. Yes, you can get offers to get the visa later.
2. Why not call back and get the same $4k on old navy most likely?!
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.