Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Approval - Gave up on Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card Approval - Gave up on Chase

After more than a year of Chase refusing to raise my husband's CL on his Chase Amazon Prime Visa from $1000 I finally gave up and had him apply for the Amazon Store Credit Card. Approved with a $4400 limit. Now we can finally get 5% cash back at Amazon without having to pay multiple times a month.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval - Gave up on Chase

Congrats on the new card!

Chase can be fickle to deal with, but in time and good payment history, I'm sure Chase will come around. In the mean time, enjoy that nice SL on the store card!

Message 2 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats in a couple months with payments ask for a cli  Smiley Happy aim high they will counter Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After more than a year of Chase refusing to raise my husband's CL on his Chase Amazon Prime Visa from $1000 I finally gave up and had him apply for the Amazon Store Credit Card. Approved with a $4400 limit. Now we can finally get 5% cash back at Amazon without having to pay multiple times a month.

GOOD FOR YOU!! Both Smiley Happy

Chase is cheapo sometimes and if your not already a long time or previous customer with some history they can tend to stagnate cards like Amazon. As mentioned Chase works off their own scoring system and waiting them out for a CLI is defeating for some customers who gear spend on such a card.

Congratulations! and don't you be bothered by Chase anymore as concerns Amazon, Synchrony is more flexible, much more generous with limits because they look at not only spend but will react for you positively as your/hisTU Score goes up and will reward accordingly Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is cheapo sometimes and if your not already a long time or previous customer with some history they can tend to stagnate cards like Amazon. As mentioned Chase works off their own scoring system and waiting them out for a CLI is defeating for some customers who gear spend on such a card.

Congratulations! and don't you be bothered by Chase anymore as concerns Amazon, Synchrony is more flexible, much more generous with limits because they look at not only spend but will react for you positively as your/hisTU Score goes up and will reward accordingly Smiley Happy

Thanks! I was worried that Synchrony wouldn't give him a great credit line because his Paypal Mastercard is only at $2700 but I'm pretty happy with the $4400. I did try the trick of having him apply for another Chase card so he could move the CL but Chase denied him of course.

Message 5 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I was worried that Synchrony wouldn't give him a great credit line because his Paypal Mastercard is only at $2700 but I'm pretty happy with the $4400. I did try the trick of having him apply for another Chase card so he could move the CL but Chase denied him of course.

Synchrony will most definitely come around for you guys in a more positive manner than Chase, mostly because Chase is geared to High End big spenders on their Hotel Cards and the like. so they tend to mope around on what they consider low end cards that don't raise enough cash for them in comparison.

I got tired waiting for a CLI on my last Chase card, the Freedom which was stuck at the same limit over a year and so i closed the thing and am currently free of any Chase Cards. As well as their double-pulls Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on hubbie's Amazon approval! Enjoy!

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase who? LolSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Not a bad SL for that one either! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syncrony is great with the amzn store card.

Chase not so much, for me.

Congrats on hubby's approval and starting limit!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.