cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Card Approved post BK without review!

tag
Have1
Regular Contributor

Amazon Visa Card Approved post BK without review!

Hello everyone!  I have been thinking that I really wanted an Amazon Visa for a long time.  I buy regularly from the website and that 5% cash back makes it a no brainer.  But I am aware of Chase's BK aversion and I'm only 5 years post BK (Ch7).  I also saw somewhere that AMEX was going to be Amazon's new card servicer and since I burned them in BK I figured I had better get on board with Chase ASAP since my understanding is that AMEX doesn't forget or forgive.  

I did my research.  I had the recon number ready:  I had rehearsed my recon pitch.  I had my reference documents organized.  I pulled the trigger fully expecting a denial and a stressful recon call to Chase.

To my great surprise, it was an instant approval for the standard $5,000 initial limit.  Whether that will get upped later, I do not know.  The rate is 22.24%.  I was credited with the $100 gift card SUB and my new Visa has been made my primary payment method on Amazon. 

Profile and application information:

My FICO 8 (Exp) was 700 as of yesterday.  I used $85,000 for my gross income number.  I have about $25,000 in available revolving credit and I maintain a utilization in the 1-3% area.  I have a mortgage, a vehicle loan that was paid off in August (but hasn't reported that yet), 5 revolving accounts and an overdraft LoC.  My oldest account (closed) is AMEX at 32 years.  My average age of open accounts is little over 5 years (I carried two positive accounts through BK).  I did have a Chase card from 1996 to about 2006 with no negatives on it.  Whether they know or care about that, I don't know.  But they are all about relationships, right? 

I have one account with a derogatory status (Amex IIB) and one Public Record (Ch7 BK) on my credit report.  No other negatives.

Now, whether I'll get a boosted limit or retroactive denial once they review what they did, I don't know.  But I am hopeful that I have added a card I can make good use of.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa Card Approved post BK without review!

Congrats

Message 2 of 28
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval..  Also as far as I know it hasnt been determined if Amazon Visa is even leaving chasing let along going to AMEX on their non business side.  Chase very well can keep the profile with new terms.  

Message 4 of 28
Have1
Regular Contributor

"Also as far as I know it hasnt been determined if Amazon Visa is even leaving chasing let along going to AMEX on their non business side.  Chase very well can keep the profile with new terms. "

@CreditCuriosity  It was something I saw and it effected my decision making process, so I thought I'd mention it.  Hopefully, the detail I included will help someone who's trying to decide whether to pull the trigger.

Message 5 of 28
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 6 of 28
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Chase Amazon instant approval despite BK reporting!

As far as it being a new or different Chase policy or just an outlier, I guess we won't know for certain until we see a lot of these in the approval section.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s pretty good!  Congratulations on your Chase approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 8 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Have1 wrote:

Hello everyone!  I have been thinking that I really wanted an Amazon Visa for a long time.  I buy regularly from the website and that 5% cash back makes it a no brainer.  But I am aware of Chase's BK aversion and I'm only 5 years post BK (Ch7).  I also saw somewhere that AMEX was going to be Amazon's new card servicer and since I burned them in BK I figured I had better get on board with Chase ASAP since my understanding is that AMEX doesn't forget or forgive.  

I did my research.  I had the recon number ready:  I had rehearsed my recon pitch.  I had my reference documents organized.  I pulled the trigger fully expecting a denial and a stressful recon call to Chase.

To my great surprise, it was an instant approval for the standard $5,000 initial limit.  Whether that will get upped later, I do not know.  The rate is 22.24%.  I was credited with the $100 gift card SUB and my new Visa has been made my primary payment method on Amazon. 

Profile and application information:

My FICO 8 (Exp) was 700 as of yesterday.  I used $85,000 for my gross income number.  I have about $25,000 in available revolving credit and I maintain a utilization in the 1-3% area.  I have a mortgage, a vehicle loan that was paid off in August (but hasn't reported that yet), 5 revolving accounts and an overdraft LoC.  My oldest account (closed) is AMEX at 32 years.  My average age of open accounts is little over 5 years (I carried two positive accounts through BK).  I did have a Chase card from 1996 to about 2006 with no negatives on it.  Whether they know or care about that, I don't know.  But they are all about relationships, right? 

I have one account with a derogatory status (Amex IIB) and one Public Record (Ch7 BK) on my credit report.  No other negatives.

Now, whether I'll get a boosted limit or retroactive denial once they review what they did, I don't know.  But I am hopeful that I have added a card I can make good use of.

Congratulations. It's a good card. Enjoy it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 28
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon Visa approval!  Thank you so much for our DP's.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.