Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Rewards Approved!

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Amazon Visa Rewards Approved!

So here is the story, I applied last month 9/9/2013 and got denied due to a unpaid $800 collection and a judgement that didn't update to satisified and paid. I called to get reconsidered and they said that my credit report has to update the change on the judgement and that unpaid collection needs to get paid.

Fast forward, I settled with Portfolio on the unpaid collection. I called the reconsider line again yesterday and almost got approved but got turned down because they wanted me to establish more history before. Keep in mind I have 1 Capital One CC that has a history of 8 months, 1 Walmart store card that has a history of 5 months and 1 Student loan that has a history of 6 months.

Fast forward again to today I called again, explained why I want this card, gave him my spill on getting back on track and WALA! got approved for $1000 CL!

Persistance pays off!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa Rewards Approved!

Congrats!!!  Did you get the black version of the card?  It's very pretty indeed.  Smiley Happy  Great rewards if you shop a lot at Amazon too!

Message 2 of 36
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Grats!  I love my Amazon card.  Chase has given me 2 auto CLI on it (ironically none on my Freedom card).  One thing I will mention is that the magnetic strip gets rubbed off easily.  My card is just over a year old and the strip really doesnt work that much anymore.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 36
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Grats!  I love my Amazon card.  Chase has given me 2 auto CLI on it (ironically none on my Freedom card).  One thing I will mention is that the magnetic strip gets rubbed off easily.  My card is just over a year old and the strip really doesnt work that much anymore.

What's your CL on the Amazon Visa Rewards card? Is it easy to get CLI on it?

Message 4 of 36
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

I just got my card not too long ago too so have been pretty interested in how auto-CLIs work with Chase too.  From what I can see you typically have to push through a lot of usage (like >50% util per month) for them to grant an increase.

Message 5 of 36
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I started at 1.7k (I think) and got auto CLI from that to 2k and then again to 2.5k.  I used the card heavily and PIF up until the last couple months (the card never goes over 50% UTIL).  The auto increases were early when I was PIF.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 36
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I guess I'll use it heavily and PIF each month Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

The CLs go high.  Mine was $23.5K till I moved 10K to CSP (as I don't use the Amazon card at all now)

Message 8 of 36
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

The CLs go high.  Mine was $23.5K till I moved 10K to CSP (as I don't use the Amazon card at all now)

Any tips on getting it that high? I definitely want to get it as high as possible.

Message 9 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

No real tip!  I got it pre-crash, when things were somewhat easier, and never got a CLI..

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.