Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Rewards Approved!

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa Rewards Approved!

@Brusilov wrote:

Congrats!!!  Did you get the black version of the card?  It's very pretty indeed.  Smiley Happy  Great rewards if you shop a lot at Amazon too!

How great does the Blue one look?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 36
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

Congrats!!!  Did you get the black version of the card?  It's very pretty indeed.  Smiley Happy  Great rewards if you shop a lot at Amazon too!

I'll let you know when I get it in the mail Smiley Happy

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 12 of 36
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@tonyjones wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

I'll let you know when I get it in the mail Smiley Happy

I have the blue one - I'd give it a 6 on a 10pt appearance scale, not to burst your bubble.  Congrats on the approval, persistence pays off!

Message 13 of 36
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

WHICH BLACK VERSION CARD!?!?! Smiley Very Happy lol! I want it! I just got approved on the 6th and there was only 3 options. Blue, Green and Red or orange.. I forgot lol.. How do I get that black version!!

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 14 of 36
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Here's a pic:

Can't really tell from this but it has really cool texturing on the card plus all the lettering is in reflective silver type.

Message 15 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

WHICH BLACK VERSION CARD!?!?! Smiley Very Happy lol! I want it! I just got approved on the 6th and there was only 3 options. Blue, Green and Red or orange.. I forgot lol.. How do I get that black version!!

call CSR and tell them you want the black version.

This is the number on the back of the card: 1888-247-4080

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 36
JonStur
Established Contributor

Mine is like a weird funky lime-green color...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

Just as a public service reminder:  Amazon is strange in that the "official" branded card is not always the one with the highest reward on Amazon.   If you are looking for a card, consider:

Sallie Mae: 5% on first $750 a month at bookstores including Amazon.

US Bank Cash Plus: 5% on first $2000 per quarter (shared between bookstores and another choice you pick)

Citi Forward: 5% unlimited on bookstores including Amazon.  Only for students now.

And sometimes the rotating cards will offer 5% as well, but these above are year round.  

And for those into simple arithmetic:

Amazon pays 3% without a limit.   So let's say you spend $x a year.  Amazon's cash back would be 0.03x

Sallie Mae pays 5% on first $9,000, 1% on the rest, so $450 + 0.01(x-9000) = $360 + 0.01x

So Amazon is better when 0.03x > $360+ 0.01x, when 0.02x > $360, when x> $18K

So if you spend more than $18K on Amazon a year, the Chase Amazon card is better than the Sallie Mae (which is better than the US Bank Cash Plus).  The Citi Forward is always better if you can get it.   ("Better" here just means "gives more back on Amazon purchases", obviously there are other key factors to consider when choosing these cards).

Message 18 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

The sallie Mae is a great card for most people, but at the same time the way the rewards structure is designed, it can be an inconvenience.

For instance, the caps are refreshed every month. So if you decide to spend 2k for a laptop on amazon this month, you will be getting only 5% for the first 750. The 750 cap doesn't rollover from precious months, so essentially one should be buying items or spending less than 750 each month on amazon to maximize rewards. Most online retailers, amazon included, do not allow for spilt payments either.

The amazon visa on the other hand, is a simple no-frills card, though the rewards is just 3% as opposed to 5% on sallie Mae.

As such, I think the US bank cash+ is a better alternative, since the cap is spread across a few months, so it would work for a large one-time purchase of 2k. Obviously, for items that cost more than 2k, one will then run into the same issue as sallie Mae.

At the end of the day I guess it boils down to how much one is spending and what one is buying on amazon.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

True.  But if you know you will spend a lot on Amazon at various times in the year, the thing to do is buy $750 Amazon gift certificates on Amazon.com each month with your Sallie Mae (for as long as you desire).  Then when you buy something, you can indeed split payments between the gift certs and your favorite credit card.  Not everyone will want to tie up money this way, but for frequent heavy shoppers this gives a good discount.  

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.