cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and BCP Approvals - AMEX Double Hard Pull

tag
orciaga

Amazon and BCP Approvals - AMEX Double Hard Pull

Last week I was approved back-to-back for the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card and the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred.

For background, I have a business checking acct with Chase and I was approved for the AMEX BBC in early summer with a hard pull. 755 Experian score.

Amazon showed pre-approval for the Chase card with $200 SUB. AMEX’s Apply With Confidence showed pre-approval for the BCP with $300 SUB and waived AF. Clicked apply on Amazon and was instantly approved for $13,000, my highest SL. Seconds later I clicked accept on the AMEX page and was given $6,800, my second highest SL.

Within a minute, Experian sent alerts for the Chase HP and the AMEX HP. TransUnion shortly alerted that I had a new inquiry, which I assumed was Chase doing the expected double HP, but turns out it was AMEX. I’m sure they’ve done two HPs before, but I honestly don’t remember ever reading about it.

I was obviously hoping for BCP soft pull approval so I was kinda shocked at the double HP. Luckily, it’s not a big deal to me (I laughed), but its might be something for others to think about if they’re applying. Best guess, AMEX saw the Chase pull and wanted to make sure I wasn’t going wild with applications before Black Friday.

Now I’m going to spend healthily and garden indefinitely Smiley Happy

EDIT: Does anyone know if I can set up my Chase account before the card arrives or do I need the card in hand?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon and BCP Approvals - AMEX Double Hard Pull

Congratulations on both.

For Chase, you will need the card in hand to setup access.

Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Approvals.🎉🎉

Message 3 of 12
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Lots of times AmEx does a double HP (EX and TU) on your first card. They did on my BCP as well.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your cards. I'm a little shocked about the double pull. Do you think maybe they pulled because this was your first non business card with them? This is my first time reading about Amex double pulling(I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just never read it). It's annoying but just think in 2 years they will be gone.

Message 5 of 12
OneGun
Established Member

Amex also pulled Transunion and EX for my very first card with them. Since then I've gotten 2 more cards and a 3x CLI with zero HPs 

Message 6 of 12
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Nicely done double play, two great cards that can fit into any setup, congrats!

Message 7 of 12
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

congrats .... amex has been known to double pull for your first card with them recently but now that your in you can get soft pull approvals for any additoanl cards which is awesome 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 8 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase & AMEX approvals

Message 9 of 12
orciaga

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your cards. I'm a little shocked about the double pull. Do you think maybe they pulled because this was your first non business card with them? This is my first time reading about Amex double pulling(I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just never read it). It's annoying but just think in 2 years they will be gone.

Hey thank you! Yeah, that's probably the best explanation for why they did it. From the comments, it sounds like it's not that uncommon I guess. I had hoped AMEX was cool with my 6 months of steady business spend and on time payments, but I guess I was more comfortable with them than they were with me. No big deal overall and at least they didn't triple pull me!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.