cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and Walmart Store Card, Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon and Walmart Store Card, Increase?

I just got approved for a $250 Walmart Card Limit and $800 Amazon Card Limit. Should I call and request an increase? If so, for how much?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon and Walmart Store Card, Increase?

YES!! Call Credit Solutions..

What is your TU Fico8?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not too sure. I still don't quite understand which places offer what scores. Where would I get that particular score?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a month or two ago I was approved for Amazon for $800 and Wal-Mart for $300 - I called both asking for an increase, and both denied. The rep told me they do regular increases every few months, but you're always welcome to ask whenever you want. I'll just wait a couple more months and see if they automatically increase for me.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much did you request?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How much did you request?

Wal-Mart didn't ask for a requested limit, only asked for my salary - both by calling in and through the account online (I tried both) ... Amazon I asked for $2,000 through chat online, and $1,500 through calling in. I tried two methods for each, but no go for me. You may have better luck though. As far as I know it's just a soft pull, so no harm in trying. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose it doesn't hurt to try.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck!! Hopefully you'll get a nice increase Smiley Happy my scores are probably not good enough for recon credit lines, as I am still rebuilding. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No such luck.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should always call.  Ask for $25k, if you are comfortable doing so.  If not, as for twice what you think you will be able to get.  

Also, my experience is you can get a CLI every four months (perhaps four months and 1 day, that's what it was for my Sams MC) from the LUV button.  So, definitely go back on the 5th of October, at the latest.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.