Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon visa automatically reconsidered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon visa automatically reconsidered?

Hello! This is my first post, but I’ve spent hours on here helping improve my credit profile. I have a strange timeline I’d like to share from my recent amazon chase application, I’m curious if this is a common occurrence.

December 15 - apply for amazon visa by chase
December 20 - receive letter stating I’ve been denied, citing too many recent inquiries and short account history. Oldest account was 1 year, and 9 inquiries in the past year. Experian score was 716.
January..29 days after December 15 - I call to reconsider the application, and I am rudely spoken to by an analyst and flat out denied.
February 14 - receive letter stating my application was incorrectly denied, and to call a number to speak with a CSR if I am interested in reapplying.
February 15 - call, reapply without a new HP and am approved immediately for a $1000 SL.

Very confused, but also very happy. Not sure what to make of the whole experience.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon visa automatically reconsidered?

Interesting. Congratulations on your new card.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got in!!!!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome! I dont think I'll ever be approved by Chase ever again in my life. LOL. I had two charge offs from 2014 with them (freedom and slate). Settled with them for like 10% and also paid the taxes from 1099c. I won't ever even bother applying lol
Message 5 of 9
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats! That's awesome! I dont think I'll ever be approved by Chase ever again in my life. LOL. I had two charge offs from 2014 with them (freedom and slate). Settled with them for like 10% and also paid the taxes from 1099c. I won't ever even bother applying lol

Chase does have a blacklist, but it's not a forever list like some banks. My mom burned them for thousands back in the 90's, but still was able to obtain almost $30K in credit with them a few years ago during her rebuild. They'll let you back in, eventually Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Chase is a nice score. 

Message 7 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Weird how that happened, but Congrats!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 9
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.