Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCP CLI 10k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express BCP CLI 10k

Good morning everyone,

I requested and received a CLI from 6k to 10k on my American Express BCP this morning. New credit limit is $10,000. I intentionally did not request a higher number for CLI, because my plan is to combine my $10,000 credit limit Amex Delta into my 10k BCP in December to create a $20k credit limit card.

I don't plan to go higher than 20k on an Amex card because I want to be very conservative with them and remain low on their radar, so by design I only asked for a very specific credit limit this morning. This is part of the plan of targeted CLI's.

I always PIF monthly with Amex and don't carry a balance. It's a fun card to have.

Happy to soon be able to add this to my collection of 20k cards in just a few months. Excited about my CLI today! Smiley Happy

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express BCP CLI 10k

Congrats Humu!

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Humu!

Thank you, my friend! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you. Are you planning to keep it when the $95 AF hits next time around or downgrade to BCE? I have a 3x coming up in October...not sure where I will take it to.

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you. Are you planning to keep it when the $95 AF hits next time around or downgrade to BCE? I have a 3x coming up in October...not sure where I will take it to.

Thank you, MrPtato!

That is a very good question. Since I received the $350 sign-on bonus (*which essentially means that almost 4 YEARS of annual fees have already been paid in full!*), it offers me a little more flexibility.

I've considered downgrading, but you only need to spend such a very small amount on groceries each month to cover the annual fee, so I'll have to evaluate at the end of the year and see what I think.

It's definitely good to evaluate when considering your CLI's and you are wise to do so also. I don't want to get a mega CLI on everything, since I have cards with high limits.

Plus, with certain lenders, it's wise to be conservative and stay beneath the radar. 20k on my BCP will be just fine for me.

Just because you can get a much larger credit limit, doesn't mean that it makes sense for your overall profile - especially once you hit a certain point. I like my cards with 20k limits and with most lenders, don't really have a need for 30k or 35k limits per card.

My overall goals including reducing my overall total available credit over the next 18-20 months, through closing a few cards and combining others.

So, I have to evaluate which cards I want to increase and by how much, while at the same time looking at which cards to combine and which to close. There are only a very few cards that i would like to close at this point - mostly combining.

It sounds as if you do some of the same helpful evaluating of your profile and make similar CLI choices, and that's great! Keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I requested and received a CLI from 6k to 10k on my American Express BCP this morning. New credit limit is $10,000. I intentionally did not request a higher number for CLI, because my plan is to combine my $10,000 credit limit Amex Delta into my 10k BCP in December to create a $20k credit limit card.

I don't plan to go higher than 20k on an Amex card because I want to be very conservative with them and remain low on their radar, so by design I only asked for a very specific credit limit this morning. This is part of the plan of targeted CLI's.

I always PIF monthly with Amex and don't carry a balance. It's a fun card to have.

Happy to soon be able to add this to my collection of 20k cards in just a few months. Excited about my CLI today! Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

I like your strategy and I am going to use it myself. Thanks.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Congratulations!

Thank you, donny, I appreciate your kind words and congratulations! And, happy to help if I am able to do so! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Congratulations!

Thank you, donny, I appreciate your kind words and congratulations! And, happy to help if I am able to do so! Smiley Happy

I always follow your posts and you are a big help to me. When it comes time for me to request a CLI on my EDP, I'm only going to ask for an increase to 20K and stay under the radar like you indicated. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone,

Congratulations!

I always follow your posts and you are a big help to me. When it comes time for me to request a CLI on my EDP, I'm only going to ask for an increase to 20K and stay under the radar like you indicated. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Thank you, donny, you are very nice and I'm really glad I could be of help.

You also offer some valuable insights to the community and I loved your approach to our FAB&T friends. Right on! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 42
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Awesome CLI, my friend!  screamer.gif

puppyboss.jpg

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.