Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCP CLI 10k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express BCP CLI 10k

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats Humu on your Amex BCP CLI , you have a very specific plan and sticking with it . That's what this is all about😊

Thank you, aduke, and hello, my friend!

You are exactly right about that and are doing well yourself with your plan! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 42
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks friends , gotta look at the bigger picture and not live in the moment esp with credit involved ! I am almost ready to get that new car we have been so patiently waiting for😊
Have a great Sunday my friend!
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Thanks friends , gotta look at the bigger picture and not live in the moment esp with credit involved ! I am almost ready to get that new car we have been so patiently waiting for😊
Have a great Sunday my friend!

You are doing great! I hope you have a really nice Sunday as well! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 42
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulation Humu!!job well done
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice Humu, congrats on the CLI. You know that you can go higher than 20K even if you combined the limits down the road Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well executed plan! Having a plan for finances is so important and it sounds like you have a good one!

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gingerflower wrote:
Congratulation Humu!!job well done

Thank you, gingerflower, I appreciate it! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice Humu, congrats on the CLI. You know that you can go higher than 20K even if you combined the limits down the road Smiley Wink

Thank you Mia, good to see you, and appreciate the comment. I know I can go higher than 20k technically, but in trying to keep my overall credit at my target level, and in going with what I feel is a good comfort zone with Amex, after consideration, that ends up being right around 20k.

Another very good reason I chose the 20k number is in the event we experience another economic situation similar to 2008-2009, which many economists say is likely to occur.

During that time we saw increased attention of lenders to many credit card accounts. Minimizing unnecessary attention to accounts is a good idea, and keeping a slightly lower profile than has traditionally been identified by Amex is a nice conservative move, I think. Smiley Happy

Thank you, though! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Well executed plan! Having a plan for finances is so important and it sounds like you have a good one!

Thank you, my friend, nice to see you and I appreciate it! You have some very solid plans as well. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dendom02, do you have any other Amex card's such as a Green, PRG, or Platinum ??? I couldn't get much of an increase on my BCP (1k CL initially) but once I started putting 3K - 5K a month thru my Platinum and obviously PIF each month, Amex raised my BCP twice, once automatically and the second by request. I also run quite a bit thru my BCP each month as well. If you want to raise any limits with Amex, they seem to love to see lots of use. At least that's my experience. Best of luck.
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.