Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approved

tag
Sbrav77
New Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approved

Well, I decided to submit the application since American Express said I was preapproved.  First ever card with them.  Only starting with a $1,000 cl. From what I've heard though,  it can grow fairly quickly. Happy to finally get my foot in the door with them.  Any advice for a new AE cardholder?

28 REPLIES 28
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approved

Congratulations on your entry into the AmEx club!

The same guidelines apply to managing credit with AmEx as with any other issuer. Of course, they are known to be generous with CLIs once one has proven themselves with a solid on-time payment record.

The offers are very much hit and miss. Check them periodically. Most are useless to me but every once in a while something appears that I actually use.

Message 2 of 29
Sbrav77
New Contributor

Thank you.  I'll mainly be using it for gas and periodically grocery stores.  At least until I'm able to grow the limit.  I'll also be taking advantage of the $7.00 monthly credit for Disney Plus subscriptions. I'm already paying for it through Verizon.  Might as well put it on the new card to get the monthly credit.

Message 3 of 29
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Amex usually likes it best to see low UTI (30%) in regards to your limit, then PIF every month. Do these things and chances are they'll show you some love pretty quickly. Congrats on you new BCE!!

Message 4 of 29
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Blue Cash Everyday approval

Message 5 of 29
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congrats and enjoy have fun.

Message 6 of 29
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on getting into the Amex club.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 7 of 29
user979797
Established Contributor

Congrats to you on your approval Smiley Happy 

>
Message 8 of 29
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I grabbed this card in Sept and really have enjoyed Amex and their app. 

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 9 of 29
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new card! Smiley Happy

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.