Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approved

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approved

Congratulations on your Amex BCE approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 29
markbeiser
Established Contributor

Grats on the new AmEx card!

I got the BCE card as my first step into Amex 3 months ago, with similar credit scores and stated income at the time.
They started me off at a $1k limit too, but I just got approved for CLI to $3k.
When I talked to a rep a couple of weeks ago, they told me newcomers to AmEx have to wait 3 months before becoming eligible for a CLI.
The general consensus I've seen is that they won't more than triple your limit at once, but I asked for a $5k limit to see what happens, and they came back with a $3k offer, the max 3x CLI appears to be the case.
Marked my calender to request another CLI in 6 months.

Use it a lot, and keep an eye on their offers page for stuff you were planning to spend money on anyway.
Between the SUB, cash back on spend, cash back offers, and the statement credit offers, I think I'm at at close to $500 in bonuses in the 3 months I've had it.
I have not spent money on anything I wasn't already going to, but the offers have influenced my decision of where to buy a couple of things.

As always, make payments before your statement closing date to keep your reported utilization low.

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 12 of 29
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 13 of 29
Sbrav77
Contributor

How long did you wait for your first cli? Also, do they just want to seen plenty of use as long as it's paid before the statement cuts? With only a $1,000 cl, would it work to my advantage to use it as much as possible and pay it off after each charge posts but before the statement? For example,  charge 200.00, then immediately pay it, charge 150.00, immediately pay it, etc.

Message 14 of 29
kickhard88
Contributor

i started at 1k also i put about 400 to 500 a month pif and had no trouble getting a 3x cli just make sure your credit report stays the same with no major differences like applying for too many new accounts, inquiries and overall usage you should see a easy 3x cli 

Message 15 of 29
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS! Great card. I love mine. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 16 of 29
TG10X
Regular Contributor

@Sbrav77 wrote:

How long did you wait for your first cli? Also, do they just want to seen plenty of use as long as it's paid before the statement cuts? With only a $1,000 cl, would it work to my advantage to use it as much as possible and pay it off after each charge posts but before the statement? For example,  charge 200.00, then immediately pay it, charge 150.00, immediately pay it, etc.

The rule of thumb is usually 90 days before requesting a CLI. I personally just use the new card for as many transactions as I can in those months. I recently got a Cash Magnet with a $1000 limit. I put like $1500 spend on it the first two months and tried to do a CLI and I was denied. I put like 2300 on it last month and preparing to ask again. This is my 4th AMEX card and in my experience the more you use it the more lenient they are with increases. You don't need to pay it off with every use...just pay before the statement closes.

Message 17 of 29
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 18 of 29
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

Nice! Congratulations 

Message 19 of 29
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

I too started, just like you, at 1K SL as my 1st card after I started my rebuild.  With the help of this community, I was able to get 3x CLIs twice to take it up to 9K CL now where I am quite content.

This is a good card.  The three categories it gives at 3% cover all useful, frequently used things.  The 6K annual spending cap on groceries can be a turn off, but for a single person like myself, it is just enough.  This card pretty much eliminates for me many cards that are out there.  I like its 3% bonus on online shopping.  It even works when I just add funds to my Amazon balance.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.