Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday CLI

tag
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday CLI

austinguy makes some very good points.  If your income and profile supports it, I don't see why you shouldn't ask for the full $36K after you close on your home.  I was able to ask for a 3X CLI from $13K to $39K and received instant approval - no 4506.  Although, I hadn't asked for a CLI in years.  LoL!  Anyway, go with what you are comfortable asking for. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 19
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@BPebbles wrote:

austinguy makes some very good points.  If your income and profile supports it, I don't see why you shouldn't ask for the full $36K after you close on your home.  I was able to ask for a 3X CLI from $13K to $39K and received instant approval - no 4506.  Although, I hadn't asked for a CLI in years.  LoL!  Anyway, go with what you are comfortable asking for. Smiley Wink

This seems to be a common caveat for those that have some age (2-3+ years) on their AMEX accounts.  Those of us that rebuilt from ashes though have a tendency to have a short tenure and thus get pinged with the verification form.  It's not a big deal if you're single and don't have hang up about the bank knowing what you reported to the IRS for income/deductions.   then again with the older account scenario it's less likely to happen.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

If you can get a mortgage closed you can easily get 30K from amex.  When you get some more confidence you can bump it up to 50K with a 4506.  If you don't use more than a couple of grand per year that's about the ceiling on it.  If you use it a ton and make 100K+ bumping past 50K shouldn't be a problem either.  It's all a game when it comes to creditors and CLI's.  If you approach it with only using up to 10% of the CL you'll never get into trouble.... well provided you don't lose income or something more drastic.  

Cash in the bank is always better than a 0% card anyday....especially when they pay you 2.5% APY on it each month Smiley Happy

Austinguy907 who is they? thats paying 2.5 APY. I have alot to learn so excuse me for asking stupid questions.

Message 13 of 19
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Austinguy907 who is they? thats paying 2.5 APY. I have alot to learn so excuse me for asking stupid questions.

https://www.myncu.com/accounts/checking/kasasa-cash/

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excited to report I finally got approved for a 3X CLI on my BCE card!!

Opened the account back on May 8, 2017 ($500 Starting Limit).  Always carried a balance but would pay it down a little before it was due monthly.  6 months after opening the account (Nov. 11th) I received an Auto CLI from $500 to $1k.  Today, Jan16th, I take a gamble at the 3X CLI and I was approved.  New limit is $3k.  

Just felt like sharing...too excited to sleep!!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Excited to report I finally got approved for a 3X CLI on my BCE card!!

Opened the account back on May 8, 2017 ($500 Starting Limit).  Always carried a balance but would pay it down a little before it was due monthly.  6 months after opening the account (Nov. 11th) I received an Auto CLI from $500 to $1k.  Today, Jan16th, I take a gamble at the 3X CLI and I was approved.  New limit is $3k.  

Just felt like sharing...too excited to sleep!!

Good for you! Congratulations! Any growth with AMEX is something worth celebrating for. Set your reminder for your next CLI request 182 days from today. Enjoy your new limit

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats drdredog03.  Somewhat surprised Amex gave a 3X CLI before 180 days.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the card since May of 2017.  They declined my attempt at a CLI at day 62.  So I had planned on waiting the 6 months before asking.  I was very surprised they gave me the 3X after giving me the Auto CLI a month or so before.  Waiting my 182 days to see if I can request another 3X CLI.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.