cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday INSTANT APPROVAL!

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday INSTANT APPROVAL!

So my Amex Everyday was the 3rd card I ever got back in August 2015 with a $2000 credit limit (Im only 24 years old) and have never been able to get a CLI on it. Anyways at the time I didn't know much about cards but knew the prestige of Amex and was browsing their site back then and went "Oh wow, an Amex with no annual fee!" and apped for it. Anyways after learning more about cards, I always wanted the BCE due to I like the cash back a lot better then the membership reward points, and wish I would of went for that instead of the Everyday. I applied at one point several months back and got denied.

Went into the chat today and asked if I could product changed and told me it wouldn't be possible but told me I could just apply and they have a $100 cash back if you spend $1000 within the first 90 days. Considering I never been able to get a CLI on my first card, and I was denied months ago for the BCE, I wasn't optimistic but went ahead and app'd, and low and behold, instantly approved for $1200!

Couldn't add it to my account, so I created a second account and went to the chat again and they were able to combine it, said I will be able to see it under one login within 24 hours. So once I am able to see my two cards are under one login I'm going to go ahead and combine my everyday with my BCE and have $3200. I believe the first card needs to be opened for at least 12 months and the card you're combining it with has no requirement on how long it needs to be opened for...( I think, can anyone comfirm that for me? Thank you in advance!) And with the $100 cash back offer if you spend $1000 in 90 days, it was definitely worth the hard pull!

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday INSTANT APPROVAL!

Enjoy your new Amex. I remember back in the day when i had me 2 Amex's but didnt truely understand credit . Treat them well and it will serve you well into the futureSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royalbacon wrote:

So my Amex Everyday was the 3rd card I ever got back in August 2015 with a $2000 credit limit (Im only 24 years old) and have never been able to get a CLI on it. Anyways at the time I didn't know much about cards but knew the prestige of Amex and was browsing their site back then and went "Oh wow, an Amex with no annual fee!" and apped for it. Anyways after learning more about cards, I always wanted the BCE due to I like the cash back a lot better then the membership reward points, and wish I would of went for that instead of the Everyday. I applied at one point several months back and got denied.

Went into the chat today and asked if I could product changed and told me it wouldn't be possible but told me I could just apply and they have a $100 cash back if you spend $1000 within the first 90 days. Considering I never been able to get a CLI on my first card, and I was denied months ago for the BCE, I wasn't optimistic but went ahead and app'd, and low and behold, instantly approved for $1200!

Couldn't add it to my account, so I created a second account and went to the chat again and they were able to combine it, said I will be able to see it under one login within 24 hours. So once I am able to see my two cards are under one login I'm going to go ahead and combine my everyday with my BCE and have $3200. I believe the first card needs to be opened for at least 12 months and the card you're combining it with has no requirement on how long it needs to be opened for...( I think, can anyone comfirm that for me? Thank you in advance!) And with the $100 cash back offer if you spend $1000 in 90 days, it was definitely worth the hard pull!

Congrats on the approval! The second card, I believe, needs to be open for 60 days before you can combine.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! I have that card and it's great!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! I just got approved as well.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royalbacon

Congrats and welcome to the BCE family...I just got my card this week too!

Message 6 of 17
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval! The second card, I believe, needs to be open for 60 days before you can combine.

Alright thank you, 60 days isn't very long at all!

Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Message 7 of 17
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I was just able to transfer $1500 of my $2000 credit limit on my Everyday card to my new Blue Cash Everyday right on their website. Said nothing about having to have the new card for 60 days and it's immediately reflecting the new limits.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing you did.  I had a one year old 15K limit everyday card but wanted the BCE.  Couldn't switch as you know but I had a preapproval for a BCE with $150 sign up offer and 13.24% after the 15 month 0% period.  I only got a 2K limit on the BCE but combined the everyday (14.5K) and closed the old card.  I want to keep my card inventory low (I still have 6), including a very old senior gold card with no MR points option.  My top two cards are the Sapphire Preferred and the BCE but use others for the 5% rotating offers (Discover, Freedom) and to keep the old AMEX card open for scoring purposes.  I have a Navy Federal card which is my highest limit visa card ($10K). Scores 700-720ish.  55 years old.  Treat those cards well and don't overextend.  I did all the wrong things and it took years and near old age to get my credit back on track.  Enjoy.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I read somewhere else on here that the donor card had to have at least been a year / 13 months old to be able to combine/transfer CLs.

I don't think that same thread made any mention on the age of the receiving card though.

Regardless, Congrats! It's a great card.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.