Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday

tag
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

American Express Blue Cash Everyday

Just a quick intro before I SCREAM FROM THE MOUNTAINS ABOUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME

You can see in my signature that in January 2017 my scores were in the 400s, and in my progress thread I describe how I have been working diligently on my credit since the fall of that year.

As of this morning I had three cards. A Discover IT with a limit of $2000 (a lifesaver in getting me on track), an Ulta store card with a limit of $300, and an Old Navy card with a limit of $400. Last month I managed to do a PFD on one of my biggest issues on my report, and last week that item came off giving me a huge jump. I have been nervous about applying for a fourth card because I was afraid of a denial and taking a HP hit for no reason, even though my scores aren't terrible right now. I guess it's just beaten into my brain that my credit sucks and no one wants to give me a shot.

I had already pretty much decided my next card would be an American Express, but I wasn't sure if/when I'd be ready.  So this morning on a whim I decided to just check my prequalifications on the American Express site (which I do from time to time). A while ago I would get no pre-quals. Then I started getting some for cards I wan't all that interested in. Then I started getting ones for Green and Gold. But today, I had prequals for Everyday Credit Card and Blue Cash Everyday. I did a bit of research on the forums here and decided "eff it" and applied for the Blue Cash Everyday.

I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up while waiting for the results. 

And then it came.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.43.38 AM.png

AHHHH!! Right!? Me, the little "bad credit girl" who could, was just approved for an American Express card. The site made no mention of what my limit was, but I didn't care. Even if it was just $500 I was thrilled!

So, I filled out my profile information and downloaded the app on my phone. I opened the app and logged in to my account to see......

FullSizeRender.jpeg

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I die! Dead! I'm a ghost!

I honestly cannot even believe this is real life right now. I just more than tripled my Total Available Credit. I'm totally FREAKING OUT and I never would have been able to do this without everyone here's input and the general positive attitude I see here in the forums.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you all!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

34 REPLIES 34
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday

Congrats on your journey and the awesome SL! I've been reading your progress and I'm so happy for you! It's been a long road but you've done amazing. Keep up the good work and keep on trucking forward!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! First, for getting back on track, and second, for your AMEX approval. Welcome to the AMEX family. Treat them well and they will surely return the favor. Enjoy your new Shiny

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Good things come to those who work hard. Keep up the good work. 

Message 4 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your AmEx approval OP!

It definitely pays to do some research in advance and glad to hear that it paid off. Sometimes the best surprises are the unexpected ones!
Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to AmEx! That’s a great SL too and all the sweeter after working as hard as you have. Enjoy it!
Message 6 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new card.

Message 7 of 35
T-Bear
Valued Member

Congrats! Simply amazing!

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP on your success. Huge!!! Your in the 700s now....not in the 4's.... Awesome job!!

Message 9 of 35
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Phenominal job and approval, congrats to you!

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.